Crossroads86

Extracting Information from ALtis Life with external Script

Hello everyone,

I am interested in collecting data from the market of goods, as well as from the auction house (items/prices) on the Altis Life Server I am playing on. Later on I am planing to do a few minor evaluations on the data I have, using Python.

However I am not the host of the Server and therefore have no database access. However I remember in the good old days of World of Warcraft there where several addons which gathered information on goods and prices from the WOW Auction House. I found out nowerdays there are even web based services for that:

https://theunderminejournal.com/#eu/aegwynn/item/94288

Which I think is awesome.

However I have no experience with modding Arma 3 or any other games. So I wonder how it might be possible to collect this kind of data without database access?

I would assume that it is possible but i do not believe many server owners would enjoy this, as well as there would be no easy task to do this without injecting or something into Arma3. I believe WOW has an API which allows all of this

2 hours ago, Deadlesszombie said:

I would assume that it is possible but i do not believe many server owners would enjoy this, as well as there would be no easy task to do this without injecting or something into Arma3. I believe WOW has an API which allows all of this

Wow has an API nowerdays, however in the early days they did not you had to interact manually with the auction house or even put something up so the addon could gather the required information.

Also I dont think server owners would mind. I am not trying to steal any code or secret information, I am just gathering market prices and auction prices over some to find out what good prices are etc...

why dont you ask the server ordner to build a small webpage where he can display all this info...

no other way around...

You would either have to make a script to collect that from their DB, manually write it all while being ingame or create a serverMod that sends data from the server to your API to display and use. You would either be manually joining the server and getting the data or working with the servers to get the data. These things aren't available outside of the game. If you want to try to reverse engineer how Arma and Battleye work to create your own client, you are very much on your own.

On 4/13/2019 at 11:05 PM, Deadlesszombie said:

I personally do not know if this is possible as you would need to inject into the game to figure this stuff out lol

As long as something is saved in the database you can display it in webpage either using NodeJS or PHP regardless of in game code.