Welcome to Altis Life RPG

Register now to gain access to all of our features.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Note that you can now sign-in with your Steam account.

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• AltisLifeRpg

Opening Announcement   09/13/2016

Opening Announcement We are happy to announce the official reopening of the community assistance forum Altis Life RPG (open source public property). Before going any further, let's go over the current situation. As you are already aware, the forum and the database of Altisliferpg.com had been hacked a few weeks ago. This unfortunate situation has touched many communities of Arma 3. The various databases were erased, and since they were under the responsibility of the previous administration, no backup was able to recover the lost data. This means that all the tedious work must be redone. This regrettable situation has led Tonic to transfer the responsibility of its administration to a new and neutral party. This party has as sole goal to reunite every community, as diverse as they are, together to perpetuate the development of our beloved mod AltisLifeRPG.  First of all, I think it is important to clarify our intentions. Foremost, we want to reassure you that we are not proclaiming being the owners of the previous versions of Altis Life (open source public property) in collaboration with BoGuu based on Tonic' codes. As you know, Boguu has been a major player in the most recent versions. Please note that this platform is and will always remain open to future developers such as Boguu that would like to elevate Altis Life RPG to the next level. By doing so, we take our role as an official reference platform very seriously in the eyes of the vast community of Altis Life RPG. We are ready to face this responsibility. We are aware that the content added by users could be provided by external sources or from the original website. If you see a tutorial that you've created on our platform where you are not credited as the author, please mention it immediately to the administration and we will promptly fix the situation. Please note that seeing the overwhelming amount of content added by the community, we will not proactively search other community assistance websites to validate if proper credits were given to the various authors. Instead, it will be the author's responsibility to be proactive in contacting the administration. Since the majority of the content found on other websites came originally from Altisliferpg.com, we encourage members joining us to share any content deemed pertinent coming from other platforms without forgetting to credit the authors.       Finally, to clarify the rumors circulating: - The forum was not scammed. It was transferred directly from Bryan 'Tonic' Boardwine to our administration. A domain cannot be scammed. - The forum was transferred as an independent entity which has as a sole mission to perpetuate the forum and not let it die out.       Altisliferpg.com Regards, the Administration.       Feel free to join us on Discord in the Altis Life RPG Community section of the forum.   And of course if you have any question, feel free to message us here.
    • Rozo

Donations   09/18/2016

Hello,
        We've added a donation block on the right side. All of those donation goes directly to the developer of Altis Life mod ( currently BoGuu ). None of that money is used to maintain the forum. In the future we might add a donation button to support the forum, but for now we want to encourage the developer because they went through a lot. To discuss this topic - Here
    • Shakir Darwish

IS YOUR SERVER BROKEN SINCE 1.64 UPDATE?   09/22/2016

If your server is broken since 1.64 go check this link thanks. https://github.com/AsYetUntitled/Framework/issues/104
    • Rozo

Sad Day   01/04/2017

Good evening community of Altis Life RPG, Today was a sad day. We learned the hard way that one of the helper was using his status and visibility on the forum to do things i wouldn't imagine.  We were warned about this user in the beginning, we talked about his behavior and he said that they were things of the past. We were fooled.
      Unfortunately, he fooled other community members by selling stolen content and impersonating his role as a developer in another community. Here's a remember of one of the rules on our forum, No selling scripts, snippets, or services.   So if anyone come across someone who's selling his services, scripts or whatever, Report them. Especially if it's coming from an Helper, Mod, Admin. No one in the staff should ask for money, we already mention this when we reopened the forum and that rule is here to stay.

We can't be sorry enough for what happen here, for any harm it as caused among other communities, for money that shouldn't been spent and we truly hope this doesn't happen again.

As for the user in question, he is now banned from our forum and discord and we wish to never cross his path again.
        If there's anything we can do hit us on Discord or send a message to an admin.
      Thanks, Rozo.
toxicgamer

where do i put my custom textures

iv seen many examples of retexturing, some jsut put in a mods folder, some put it in the mission file.  where is the best place that ensurs it still works.  do i just put it into my server files or the mission pbo?  

They go in any folder you want in the PBO, best putting them in the textures one so you don't get confused though.

Just make sure you redirect the calling of the textures to the right place ie if they are in Textures\Civ\Randomtexture.jpg you need to point files to that so they can be found. They go in the missionfile.

56 minutes ago, toxicgamer said:

iv seen many examples of retexturing, some jsut put in a mods folder, some put it in the mission file.  where is the best place that ensurs it still works.  do i just put it into my server files or the mission pbo?  

What was wrong with the response I gave earlier?

Edited by Wackbatt

1 hour ago, Wackbatt said:

What was wrong with the response I gave earlier?

what are you talking about?  and i just needed to know if they go into the mission file or into the server file.  i have no problem with doing it.  its jsut 2000kb each.

2 minutes ago, Wackbatt said:

trying to remove the quotes lol............   but i did look to see if i posted that.  when i was poosting that my pc started having issues an di had to force shut it down.  so i wasnt sure if i posted it and i didnt see it when i looked toi make sure it posted

28 minutes ago, toxicgamer said:

what are you talking about?  and i just needed to know if they go into the mission file or into the server file.  i have no problem with doing it.  its jsut 2000kb each.

They shouldn't be 2mb each even at 2048x2048 with tons of detail.

What are you saving them as? What program are you using? I average about 200kb per 2048x2048 texture and they look great in game in paa and jpg

Weird, export them as jpeg or tga then convert to paa, they will be much smaller.

Edited by JedINyte

On 1/7/2018 at 12:44 AM, Deadlesszombie said:

TexView2 PLEASEEEEEEEEEE

well after much testing.  after i used textveiw.  it increased it to 12k kb

I think i see where you are going wrong, export them as jpeg, don't save them as jpeg...export for web as jpg, then convert to paa in text2view. Photoshop may say something about the size exceeding the amount allowed and you could face errors but i have never had any problems doing them this way. If you do get errors, just save as jpg instead then do the same.

Alternatively just use jpg's for vehicles and clothing, the only things that have ever needed paa for me were signs, for some reason without paa they are initally blank for a second or so as you look at them.

The majority of our vehicle and clothing textures are jpg's and they work fine, never had anyone complain that they couldn't see the texture from a distance or anything.

Edited by JedINyte

so how do i specifly export as jpeg?  texveiw wont work for me properly.  if i try to open a file, it crashes the app.  

23 minutes ago, toxicgamer said:

so how do i specifly export as jpeg?  texveiw wont work for me properly.  if i try to open a file, it crashes the app.  

you go to export --> then .jpeg in photoshop

im using CC 2017 so may be different

12 minutes ago, DayzRunner™ said:

This is a big maybe in your situation. :P 

you could always use the handy tool 
https://www.online-convert.com/ 

Just save as a format that you can export then, covert it using this tool. 

For example (png to jpeg) 

will it take it as a paa?

Oh in that case no. Sorry. I thought we were wanting to convert a png to a jpeg or something like that.

Texview will work you just have to play around with it. Launch it through ArmA 3 tools then just drag the image over and save it from there. I know the error your having I just forgot how to fix it. If you want I can do it for you just send me the paa's and I will send them back saved in whatever format you want.

Edited by DayzRunner™
  • Like 1