Sanik The Pepe

[Help] Clothing Textures

So I tried to add clothing textures to my cop shop but I kept trying everything surfing the forums and looking all over google. Help please they wont show up in game and where would I put the helmet and vest textures a side from uniform textures in fn_playerSkins.sqf?

Here is the .sqf

#include "..\..\script_macros.hpp"
/*
    File: fn_playerSkins.sqf
    Author: Daniel Stuart

Description:
    Sets skins for players by their side and uniform.
*/
private["_skinName"];

switch (playerSide) do {
    case civilian: {
        if (LIFE_SETTINGS(getNumber,"civ_skins") isEqualTo 1) then {
            if (uniform player isEqualTo "U_C_Poloshirt_blue") then {
                player setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "textures\civilian_uniform_1.jpg"];
            };
            if (uniform player isEqualTo "U_C_Poloshirt_burgundy") then {
                player setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "textures\civilian_uniform_2.jpg"];
            };
            if (uniform player isEqualTo "U_C_Poloshirt_stripped") then {
                player setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "textures\civilian_uniform_3.jpg"];
            };
            if (uniform player isEqualTo "U_C_Poloshirt_tricolour") then {
                player setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "textures\civilian_uniform_4.jpg"];
            };
            if (uniform player isEqualTo "U_C_Poloshirt_salmon") then {
                player setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "textures\civilian_uniform_5.jpg"];
            };
            if (uniform player isEqualTo "U_C_Poloshirt_redwhite") then {
                player setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "textures\civilian_uniform_6.jpg"];
            };
            if (uniform player isEqualTo "U_C_Commoner1_1") then {
                player setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "textures\civilian_uniform_7.jpg"];
            };
        };
    };

case west: {
        if (uniform player isEqualTo "U_Rangemaster") then {
            _skinName = "textures\cop_uniform.jpg";
            if (LIFE_SETTINGS(getNumber,"cop_extendedSkins") isEqualTo 1) then {
                if (FETCH_CONST(life_coplevel) >= 1) then {
                    _skinName = ["textures\cop_uniform_",(FETCH_CONST(life_coplevel)),".jpg"] joinString "";
                };
            if ((FETCH_CONST(life_coplevel) >= 6) && ((uniform player) == "U_I_CombatUniform")) then {
                player setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "textures\rm_swat_uniform_01_co.paa"];
            };
            if ((FETCH_CONST(life_coplevel) >= 6) && ((uniform player) == "V_PlateCarrier2_rgr")) then {
                player setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "textures\rm_swat_vest_01_co.paa"];
            };
            if ((FETCH_CONST(life_coplevel) >= 6) && ((uniform player) == "H_HelmetB_plain_blk")) then {
                player setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "textures\rm_swat_helmet_01_co.paa"];
            };

};
            player setObjectTextureGlobal [0, _skinName];
        };
    };

case independent: {
            player setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "textures\medic_uniform.jpg"];
        };
    };
};

No, I am trying to add a skin not add them to shops. I know I have the correct directory and everything I just dont know if I wrote the code wrong.

I am also trying to add more textures to my cop shop such as a swat uniform texture which I am trying to put in.

Edited by Sanik The Pepe

@Sanik The Pepe 

1. You gotta make sure that the textures you are trying to add are actually for the right piece of clothing or they wont look right and will look retarded.

2. Vest and Helmet textures can only be used on a modded server I am pretty sure

3. Below is my code that I have used before on previous altis life server and ignore the commented lines. 

https://hastebin.com/mujamejafa.bash

Hope you learned at least something from my post. I was exactly the same as you when I started out so don't quit.

On 3/31/2017 at 2:38 AM, MorgansFlaccidCock said:

@Sanik The Pepe 

1. You gotta make sure that the textures you are trying to add are actually for the right piece of clothing or they wont look right and will look retarded.

2. Vest and Helmet textures can only be used on a modded server I am pretty sure

3. Below is my code that I have used before on previous altis life server and ignore the commented lines. 

https://hastebin.com/mujamejafa.bash

Hope you learned at least something from my post. I was exactly the same as you when I started out so don't quit.

I reopen this topic because I have the same problem. I have version 5.0 and the problem is that the default police suit is not loading or displayed in the store now. I no longer see its uploaded file in your section. could you re-upload it ?. Greetings

fn_playerSkins.sqf

it doesn't load the police clothes texture since I added a new texture that works but the default one stopped working

if (uniform player isEqualTo "U_Rangemaster") && { FETCH_CONST(life_coplevel) >= 0 }) then {
                player setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "textures\cop_uniform.jpg"];
            };

17 minutes ago, Martinez101 said:

Whtas your issue?

it doesn't load the police clothes texture since I added a new texture that works but the default one stopped working

if (uniform player isEqualTo "U_Rangemaster") && { FETCH_CONST(life_coplevel) >= 0 }) then {
            };

4 hours ago, camikaze69 said:

};

Can you show me your file so i can see the issue?

3 hours ago, Martinez101 said:

Can you show me your file so i can see the issue?

/*

Description:
*/
private ["_skinName"];

switch (playerSide) do {
            };
            };
            };
            };
            };
            };
            };
        };
    };

//COP RANK
            //COPS lvl 1+
            if ((FETCH_CONST(life_coplevel) <= 1) && ((uniform player) == "U_Rangemaster")) then {
                player setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "textures\policeropa\cop_uniform.jpg"];
            };
            //COPS lvl 2+
            if ((FETCH_CONST(life_coplevel) >= 2) && ((uniform player) == "U_B_CombatUniform_mcam")) then {
                player setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "textures\policeropa\geo.paa"];
            };
            if ((backpack player) == "B_Carryall_mcamo") then {
                (unitbackpack player) setObjectTextureGlobal [0,""];
            };
    };        

};
    };
};

25 minutes ago, camikaze69 said:

/*

Description:
*/
private ["_skinName"];

switch (playerSide) do {
            };
            };
            };
            };
            };
            };
            };
        };
    };

//COP RANK
            //COPS lvl 1+
            if ((FETCH_CONST(life_coplevel) <= 1) && ((uniform player) == "U_Rangemaster")) then {
                player setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "textures\policeropa\cop_uniform.jpg"];
            };
            //COPS lvl 2+
            if ((FETCH_CONST(life_coplevel) >= 2) && ((uniform player) == "U_B_CombatUniform_mcam")) then {
                player setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "textures\policeropa\geo.paa"];
            };
            if ((backpack player) == "B_Carryall_mcamo") then {
                (unitbackpack player) setObjectTextureGlobal [0,""];
            };
    };        

};
    };
};

for the top one you have a < and for the bottom one you have a > on the west side. check that out