Welcome to Altis Life RPG

Register now to gain access to all of our features.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Note that you can now sign-in with your Steam account.

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• AltisLifeRpg

Opening Announcement   09/13/2016

Opening Announcement We are happy to announce the official reopening of the community assistance forum Altis Life RPG (open source public property). Before going any further, let's go over the current situation. As you are already aware, the forum and the database of Altisliferpg.com had been hacked a few weeks ago. This unfortunate situation has touched many communities of Arma 3. The various databases were erased, and since they were under the responsibility of the previous administration, no backup was able to recover the lost data. This means that all the tedious work must be redone. This regrettable situation has led Tonic to transfer the responsibility of its administration to a new and neutral party. This party has as sole goal to reunite every community, as diverse as they are, together to perpetuate the development of our beloved mod AltisLifeRPG.  First of all, I think it is important to clarify our intentions. Foremost, we want to reassure you that we are not proclaiming being the owners of the previous versions of Altis Life (open source public property) in collaboration with BoGuu based on Tonic' codes. As you know, Boguu has been a major player in the most recent versions. Please note that this platform is and will always remain open to future developers such as Boguu that would like to elevate Altis Life RPG to the next level. By doing so, we take our role as an official reference platform very seriously in the eyes of the vast community of Altis Life RPG. We are ready to face this responsibility. We are aware that the content added by users could be provided by external sources or from the original website. If you see a tutorial that you've created on our platform where you are not credited as the author, please mention it immediately to the administration and we will promptly fix the situation. Please note that seeing the overwhelming amount of content added by the community, we will not proactively search other community assistance websites to validate if proper credits were given to the various authors. Instead, it will be the author's responsibility to be proactive in contacting the administration. Since the majority of the content found on other websites came originally from Altisliferpg.com, we encourage members joining us to share any content deemed pertinent coming from other platforms without forgetting to credit the authors.       Finally, to clarify the rumors circulating: - The forum was not scammed. It was transferred directly from Bryan 'Tonic' Boardwine to our administration. A domain cannot be scammed. - The forum was transferred as an independent entity which has as a sole mission to perpetuate the forum and not let it die out.       Altisliferpg.com Regards, the Administration.       Feel free to join us on Discord in the Altis Life RPG Community section of the forum.   And of course if you have any question, feel free to message us here.
    • Rozo

Donations   09/18/2016

Hello,
        We've added a donation block on the right side. All of those donation goes directly to the developer of Altis Life mod ( currently BoGuu ). None of that money is used to maintain the forum. In the future we might add a donation button to support the forum, but for now we want to encourage the developer because they went through a lot. To discuss this topic - Here
    • Shakir Darwish

IS YOUR SERVER BROKEN SINCE 1.64 UPDATE?   09/22/2016

If your server is broken since 1.64 go check this link thanks. https://github.com/AsYetUntitled/Framework/issues/104
    • Rozo

Sad Day   01/04/2017

Good evening community of Altis Life RPG, Today was a sad day. We learned the hard way that one of the helper was using his status and visibility on the forum to do things i wouldn't imagine.  We were warned about this user in the beginning, we talked about his behavior and he said that they were things of the past. We were fooled.
      Unfortunately, he fooled other community members by selling stolen content and impersonating his role as a developer in another community. Here's a remember of one of the rules on our forum, No selling scripts, snippets, or services.   So if anyone come across someone who's selling his services, scripts or whatever, Report them. Especially if it's coming from an Helper, Mod, Admin. No one in the staff should ask for money, we already mention this when we reopened the forum and that rule is here to stay.

We can't be sorry enough for what happen here, for any harm it as caused among other communities, for money that shouldn't been spent and we truly hope this doesn't happen again.

As for the user in question, he is now banned from our forum and discord and we wish to never cross his path again.
        If there's anything we can do hit us on Discord or send a message to an admin.
      Thanks, Rozo.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ScAnY

Server can't connect db after Arma 1.68 update

35 posts in this topic

Hi community,

I need help for my server because it can't connect to database from last update.

server.log : http://pastebin.com/n8uYEqry

extdb-conf.ini : http://pastebin.com/W6a5ExfW

altis-life.ini (sql_custom_v2 folder) : http://pastebin.com/6BhatR2n

Nothing was changed and the server worked good till the update.

Altis Life Version : 4.3

extDB2 Version : 71

Database server : MariaDB 10.1.22

Dedicated server specs :
- Dell PowerEdge R220 / Xeon E3-1231 / 32GB Ram
- Debian 8.7 / Kernel 3.16.0-4-amd64 (SMP) x86_64

What solution(s) i have?

Thank's in advance.

Everyone is having the exact same issue with a Linux OS.

Call extension 'extDB3' could not be found

1 person likes this

So we just need to wait a fix from Bohemia or from torndeco?

2 hours ago, Delta X | PoweredByte said:

Everyone is having the exact same issue with a Linux OS.

Call extension 'extDB3' could not be found

If you are using extDB2 you need to be using 32 bit, else you will need to use extDB3 and make the necessary changes to your files. Seems to be an issue with linux like stated above, apologies.

And how you use 32 bits? i tried to add linux32 command to start, and nothing change...

seems all linux extensions are loaded only from arma3 root folder

place extDB2.so and all related files to arma3 server root folder and server will work

4 hours ago, Valthos™ ExileLifeMod.com said:

place extDB2.so and all related files to arma3 server root folder and server will work

What? Can you show me an example because if I move the addons folder from extDB3 to the root folder it'll just end up going with the Arma server's addons.

5 hours ago, Valthos™ ExileLifeMod.com said:

My extDB2 folder is in my server root folder, and always worked before 1.68 update :(

server-root-arma3.png

Posted (edited)

From what I can see there, that executable is 64bit, even although it doesn't state it. The 32bit is around 25mb and the 64bit is around 36mb. Did you delete the 32bit and rename the 64bit by any chance? If so, that's why you're having issues. Re-verify your files and make sure to use the 32bit. Or just stop being lazy and update your files to use extDB 3 - problem solved.

Edited by Dark

i haven't deleted any files, just updated server with steam command like every days, so i need to launch update with linux32 command?

14 minutes ago, Dark said:

From what I can see there, that executable is 64bit, even although it doesn't state it. The 32bit is around 25mb and the 64bit is around 36mb. Did you delete the 32bit and rename the 64bit by any chance? If so, that's why you're having issues. Re-verify your files and make sure to use the 32bit. Or just stop being lazy and update your files to use extDB 3 - problem solved.

I checked some forums, and apparently, extDB3 under "linux" get same issue...

Yes, installed the extDB3 v1.027 on mine and updated all sqf needed.

But, when server start : we can see in logs :

8:46:34 "---------------------------------------------------------------------"
Call extension 'extDB3' could not be found
 8:46:34 "extDB3 Failed to Load, Check Requirements @ https://bitbucket.org/torndeco/extdb3/wiki/Installation"
 8:46:34 ""
 8:46:34 "If you are running this on a client, Battleye will random block extensions. Try Disable Battleye"

And when i check with ldd command :

[email protected]:[email protected]$ ldd extDB3.so
        linux-gate.so.1 (0xf7795000)
        libtbbmalloc.so.2 => /usr/lib/libtbbmalloc.so.2 (0xf7359000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/i686/cmov/libdl.so.2 (0xf7354000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/i686/cmov/libm.so.6 (0xf730d000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/i686/cmov/libpthread.so.0 (0xf72f1000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/i686/cmov/libc.so.6 (0xf7144000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xf7798000)
        librt.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/i686/cmov/librt.so.1 (0xf713b000)

server-root-arma3-extDB3.png

And you've got both package systems required?

Posted (edited)

what packages are you talking about?

I think extDB3 linux binaries are 32-bit only, so probably need a extDB3 upgrade from torndeco...

I tried to compile from sources but cmakelists.txt isn't ready for 64bits on linux and i get this error : Warning: Arma Linuxserver doesn't support 64bit yet.

Torndeco gave solution in waiting :

3a75a5251522e1862f1ac6ea4e75adbe.png

But i don't know how to apply this solution on server x)

Edited by ScAnY
torndeco gave info

Nope its not just renaming... its something with symlinks or changing a / to a \. But nobody knows what torndeco means with that

21 minutes ago, Delta X | PoweredByte said:

Nope its not just renaming... its something with symlinks or changing a / to a \. But nobody knows what torndeco means with that

then theres no hope for you :)

1 person likes this

1. rename @extDB3 to \@extDB3

2. move your extDB3.so and your extdb-conf.ini to your Arma Root folder.

3. Make a copy from extDB3.so, and call it \extDB3.so (same directory). 

40 minutes ago, Delta X | PoweredByte said:

1. rename @extDB3 to \@extDB3

2. move your extDB3.so and your extdb-conf.ini to your Arma Root folder.

3. Make a copy from extDB3.so, and call it \extDB3.so (same directory). 

CAn you send a screenshot of your directory?