Website | Discord | Steam Group
Hello and greetings from the team at Arma.Life! We’re an upcoming Arma Life community based on the Takistan map from the CUP Project. Our philosophy is if we like it, we’ll have it! That’s why you’ll see a different mix of styles with our law enforcement, such as the uniform and vehicles; this will be explained later. We market ourselves as a hybrid life server because of this.|
• To create a fun and unique project – Almost all of the people that have helped start up Arma.Life was part of an older community, British Borders. As such, our style of roleplay and the management of our community influenced by British Borders. We aim to recreate what we had there, as well as introduce our own ideas. This is why our community has started off on the Takistan map; Arma 2 was where we started from and enjoyed so much.
• To maintain realism, not accuracy – While some may consider the two inseparable, we must remember that this is a game and must be flexible. If we were to limit certain mechanics, cosmetics or gameplay for the sake of ‘accurate realism’ we would be limiting the enjoyability of the game. Instead, we have adopted an open-minded realism approach; as long as it’s not bat-sh*t crazy such as Cops with wands and it’s something that will enhance gameplay, we’ll add it. A great example of this would be our Police Uniform, a blend of German-Greek Police and the emergency vehicles, based on the British.
• To be the next big thing – We all know the quote, right? “Rome wasn’t built in a day.” A successful community is a mix between the right people, the right idea and the right platform. We have the right people, we have the right idea and we definitely have the right platform (Arma Franchise) and we plan to stick with Arma 3 and beyond for as long as possible. Basically, we’re in it for the long-run.
Now then! Let’s get talking about our main features.
• Takistan Map – We are convinced the Takistan Map is most suited for roleplay on Arma 3; It’s not too big nor too small and can comfortably accommodate quality roleplay for as little as 10 people to as many as 100 people in our experience. The shops and other locations are evenly spaced out for balance and we’re analysing the information we receive about the locations and adjusting accordingly.
• Takistan Divided – North and South Takistan are divided by a border that spans the entirety of the map. To get across, players must enter through one of two checkpoints or cross illegally. We have plans to introduce a secondary, separatist persistent government that can be set up by players when they meet the minimum numbers and requirements.
• Unique Points System – While this is more of a community feature, it directly affects in-game roleplay. We are proudly unmonetized and don’t agree with monetization at all. Instead, we have introduced a points system where members can gain points by communicating on our Discord and getting involved in the discussions. Points are automatically gained as soon as they join our Discord and start messaging. These points can then be used for in-game tiers from 1-3 which contain exclusive vehicles, items, and weapons to use. As everyone can earn points and use them, Bohemia Interactive have given us the green light to use this system. In the future, points will be an additional in-game currency where they can be used for purchases within the game itself.
And here are our other numerous important features:
• Open factions – You do not need to be a member or apply to play any of our official factions, which are Police, United Nations, EMS/THS and of course, civilian.
• Custom Hospital System – If you’re knocked unconscious, there is a chance you will need to be treated at the hospital.
• Various The Programmer Scripts such as Government, Companies, Drugs, Police Dispatch and more.
• Multiple Civilian Jobs
• Custom Number Plates
• Black Market that moves regularly
• Jail Break System
• Casino Betting, Slots.
• Additional Money Making Opportunities, such as slaves that slowly gather money
• Faction Weapon Locker
• Awesome Custom Skins
• Court House Roleplay
• Zipties, Gags and Blindfolds’ (For them special moments)
• Terrorists & Insurgents
• 3 Month Persistence followed by a Battle Royale Purge, with the winner(s) receiving significant money boosts for the next cycle.
• South Government System (planned)
• War System (planned, North VS South)
• Player-owned PMC system (planned, can be done by group/gang system for now)
• And so much more!
We're scheduled to release Friday 19th July 2019. For the mean time, please see some media below.