NlCKSTER432

Looking for a Altis life devoloper

Hello guys i recently started up an altis life server and could use a little help on the devolpment side, i am just a beginner, so i am still learning.I am willing to pay you for your help, but understand I must need proof of your skills.

Perferred Development Skills

- SQF 
- SQS  
- Map Developement 
- Custom Dedicated/Server Setup's

What i wish  to add to my server

- Custom map
- Quest line
- Quest level system and perks.
- Custom drugs/useable drugs 
- More veihcles and weapons in shop also Price adjustment.
- setting up pvp/kos Island 
-Much more

Contact me!

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Cuckboii/
Discord: .......#0050

Edited by NlCKSTER432

@nickster1318

- C# 
- C 
- C++ 
- LUA 

Are not used in Arma. Why would someone need to know them in order to be a dev?

- Quest line
- Quest level system and perks.

This is a rather large request, will you be wanting a custom system or Maverick's?

I must need proof of your skills.

What do you consider proof? 

If/when someone creates scripts for your server, will they still have claim to them or will the scripts be owned by you?

This is a big question that a lot of people forget. A lot of server owners will claim any script made for they community is theirs without giving credit to the author. Will you be one of those owners or will the script author have full ownership over his/her scripts and be allowed to use/give them away as they see fit? If asked to stop using one or more of their scripts will you do so?

Edited by Fawks

3 hours ago, Fawks said:

@nickster1318

- C# 
- C 
- C++ 
- LUA 

Are not used in Arma. Why would someone need to know them in order to be a dev?

- Quest line
- Quest level system and perks.

This is a rather large request, will you be wanting a custom system or Maverick's?

I must need proof of your skills.

What do you consider proof? 

If/when someone creates scripts for your server, will they still have claim to them or will the scripts be owned by you?

This is a big question that a lot of people forget. A lot of server owners will claim any script made for they community is theirs without giving credit to the author. Will you be one of those owners or will the script author have full ownership over his/her scripts and be allowed to use/give them away as they see fit? If asked to stop using one or more of their scripts will you do so?

corrections have been made and to answer this "This is a big question that a lot of people forget. A lot of server owners will claim any script made for they community is theirs without giving credit to the author. Will you be one of those owners or will the script author have full ownership over his/her scripts and be allowed to use/give them away as they see fit? If asked to stop using one or more of their scripts will you do so?" they will have full access to the scripts and everything if they wish for me to stop using them i will do as they say.

53 minutes ago, NlCKSTER432 said:

corrections have been made and to answer this "This is a big question that a lot of people forget. A lot of server owners will claim any script made for they community is theirs without giving credit to the author. Will you be one of those owners or will the script author have full ownership over his/her scripts and be allowed to use/give them away as they see fit? If asked to stop using one or more of their scripts will you do so?"

they will have full access to the scripts and everything if they wish for me to stop using them i will do as they say.

I've seen many servers outright die because of this; get something in writing in advance - somebody removing all their work because they threw a paddy is non-ideal.

6 minutes ago, BoGuu said:

I've seen many servers outright die because of this; get something in writing in advance - somebody removing all their work because they threw a paddy is non-ideal.

Thanks for your input, this server is mainly for fun and enjoyment for me and a small group of friends seeing how far we can go without stressing ourselves. So if the dev wishes to do that i wouldnt mind itll be a shame but it is there work after all.

You are asking someone to build a server for you, so what exactly are you bringing to the table? You mention payment, what kind? How much? It just seems like a weird way to ask for help with so many requirements.

Filling out a job application to build a server for you is a weird approach IMO.