Jump to content
Bondi

Max Players Won't Exceed 64 - Altis Life 5.0

Recommended Posts

Hi,

Having some issues seting up an Altis Life 5.0 Server, everything seems to be working as it should but will not exceed the 64 player count. Only things added to the server was InfiStar and using both normal startup.bat and config and also TADST still same issue.

Any help would be greatly appreiciated.

Edit: I think these are the logs people ask for and find useful?

https://pastebin.com/UCGcmd8e

KR

Bondi

Edited by Bondi
Added RPT Logs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I remember correctly you can modify the max players in server.cfg. In TADST it has a max players option in the first screen (when you set the server name).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fawks said:

If I remember correctly you can modify the max players in server.cfg. In TADST it has a max players option in the first screen (when you set the server name).

Thanks for the reply, I have set this, it changes anythign below 64 but anything higher it will limit at max player of 64 both on a normal config and a TADST app.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2019 at 12:55 PM, Bondi said:

Thanks for the reply, I have set this, it changes anythign below 64 but anything higher it will limit at max player of 64 both on a normal config and a TADST app.

Are you using a Game Server Provider or a dedicated server/VPS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, imthatguyhere said:

Are you using a Game Server Provider or a dedicated server/VPS?

I am using a dedicated racked server at home, running Server 2019 Datacentre Edition on a Hyper-V VM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it helps I have done another quick install side by side and turned the other server off, same problem so maybe I am doing something wrong? I am following the guides I would like to imagine line for line.

KR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Bondi said:

If it helps I have done another quick install side by side and turned the other server off, same problem so maybe I am doing something wrong? I am following the guides I would like to imagine line for line.

KR

Pastebin your server.cfg/config.cfg and also send your startup parameters. How many slots do you have on the map?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, imthatguyhere said:

Pastebin your server.cfg/config.cfg and also send your startup parameters. How many slots do you have on the map?

This is just with normal config:

https://pastebin.com/zG4dQSDp

This is the corrosponding startup.bat file.

https://pastebin.com/GLgFfmhR

This is when I loaded via TADST this is the config.

https://pastebin.com/m5aJK4yV

TADST used these paramaters

 -port=2302 "-config=\\arma-01\EntinityRP\TADST\default\TADST_config.cfg" "-cfg=\\arma-01\EntinityRP\TADST\default\TADST_basic.cfg" "-profiles=\\arma-01\EntinityRP\TADST\default" -name=default -filePatching "[email protected];@infiSTAR_A3;@life_server"

-Note these wasn't used at the same time I tried two different options.

Probably something silly.

Thanks in advance!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Bondi said:

This is just with normal config:

https://pastebin.com/zG4dQSDp

This is the corrosponding startup.bat file.

https://pastebin.com/GLgFfmhR

This is when I loaded via TADST this is the config.

https://pastebin.com/m5aJK4yV

TADST used these paramaters

 -port=2302 "-config=\\arma-01\EntinityRP\TADST\default\TADST_config.cfg" "-cfg=\\arma-01\EntinityRP\TADST\default\TADST_basic.cfg" "-profiles=\\arma-01\EntinityRP\TADST\default" -name=default -filePatching "[email protected];@infiSTAR_A3;@life_server"

-Note these wasn't used at the same time I tried two different options.

Probably something silly.

Thanks in advance!

 

 

 

How many playable units do you have on the map?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wackbatt said:

How many playable units do you have on the map?

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response, I am quite new to this. What do you mean?

Could you explain further? It is a fresh install apart from the InfiStar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bondi said:

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response, I am quite new to this. What do you mean?

Could you explain further? It is a fresh install apart from the InfiStar

Open your mission.sqm in the eden editor and have a look on the island at the top of the map. If there's not more than 64 units there then your player cap will be dependant on that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wackbatt said:

Open your mission.sqm in the eden editor and have a look on the island at the top of the map. If there's not more than 64 units there then your player cap will be dependant on that. 

There should be 126 playable units on the map. Theres also a max players attribute in the mission sqm which you should be able to edit in eden. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wackbatt said:

Open your mission.sqm in the eden editor and have a look on the island at the top of the map. If there's not more than 64 units there then your player cap will be dependant on that. 

Apologies, where will this be located as I am on a dedicated server? I would assume I would have to move it to my PC and open it up with Eden, can this be edited above 64 I assume?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bondi said:

Apologies, where will this be located as I am on a dedicated server? I would assume I would have to move it to my PC and open it up with Eden, can this be edited above 64 I assume?

 

You'll have to take the mission.sqm from your mission and open it in eden in game. I've just checked the sqm my self tho and the default is already 126. Double check your description.ext as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wackbatt said:

You'll have to take the mission.sqm from your mission and open it in eden in game. I've just checked the sqm my self tho and the default is already 126. Double check your description.ext as well. 

Hi,

Thank you for checking the SQM side of things, just for future reference where was the location as I was struggling to find it within the unpacked PBO under mpmissions.

Please however see my description.ext

https://pastebin.com/Wfh3sVe4

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bondi said:

Hi,

Thank you for checking the SQM side of things, just for future reference where was the location as I was struggling to find it within the unpacked PBO under mpmissions.

Please however see my description.ext

https://pastebin.com/Wfh3sVe4

 

 

Can you get in to the server? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Wackbatt said:

Can you get in to the server? 

I was but now its just showing as "creating" on the launcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wackbatt said:

By the sounds of that and by having a look at your rpt again it doesn't sound like you have a sqm in your mission folder. Just go on the git and download one. 

See https://asyetuntitled.gitbook.io/docs/server-setup#mission-file-installation for more information. 

Haha, I realised this now, yeah I have re-done the server a few times so I think I missed that out on this install, all loaded in but still showing the 64 player count :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bondi said:

Haha, I realised this now, yeah I have re-done the server a few times so I think I missed that out on this install, all loaded in but still showing the 64 player count :(

Pastebin your latest rpt and sqm if you can. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2019 at 11:52 PM, Wackbatt said:

You've got a few infishit errors. Just take it out for a bit and try getting your player slot limit up.

Just re-installed it, all seems fine now. Thank you.

 

Mark as resolved please.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...