Dodol0re cs.money

Anti-Theft Script for mod

On 1/20/2019 at 11:37 AM, Maihym said:

Ok...you're not saying how this affects performance though. You're just showing the code. Do you have any stats to backup your claim?

5dd820bdf5c25b7235adba2765b81bd7.png

But regardless of what anyone says here, The guy that posted this in the first place has no clue what hes doing cause he ripped it off another mod and prob doesn't know much about SQF. Theres much better ways to do everything here, and publicVariable'ing all your shit is a horrible idea and the OP is also just a horrible way of doing it.

• Like 1

In my own experience it depends. I have all my client functions server side on my own project (not AL framework), but my entire client is 173kb and after compiled it's smaller than that which I'm quite certain won't have any severe networking problems.
Also mind you that Altis Life is a FRAMEWORK and that security isn't what they are looking for with a public github repo. Security is the users problem.

Edited by Prophet

9 minutes ago, Prophet said:

In my own experience it depends. I have all my client functions server side on my own project, but my entire client is 173kb and after compiled it's smaller than that which I'm quite certain won't have any severe networking problems.

Regardless what your situation is, having a lot network traffic is horrible and causes a lot of lag and bandwidth issues.

1 hour ago, 6IX [NDS] said:

Regardless what your situation is, having a lot network traffic is horrible and causes a lot of lag and bandwidth issues.

The code no longer uses publicVariable if you bothered to check it. It only uses publicVariable to tell the clients if the functions are ready or not. Anyways, what's the difference (network traffic wise) between the clients downloading the variables via the mission file and sending the functions over the network via remoteExec?

I don't see why we are still talking about this, use it if you want, don't if you don't want too.

Edited by Prophet
who cares anymore about this

On 2/5/2019 at 1:10 AM, imthatguyhere said:

It would be approximately a 5.565% increase in the size of the mission (excluding the SQM, PAAs and JPGs).

xd 

no u