caxcaz

how to add donator spawn point?

2 hours ago, KillerAussie said:

I believe this would cause an infringement of the BI Monetization rules. This could be seen as an advantage to donators, which is not allowed.

See: https://www.bohemia.net/monetization

Donation spawns are fine as long as you don't put things in like a rebel outpost and such (at the spawn point). Spawning in a random place is not against the rules as long as you dont add things like a rebel outpost etc. It's not an advantage to spawn at a location others cant, otherwise cops and medics would need to spawn in the same place as civs.

• Like 1

Donation spawns and cop/medic spawns are not the same. Donation spawns are paid for, cop/medic are earned/given. Giving someone an advantage is not against BI rules, however giving someone an advantage because they gave money to your community is against BI rules. Adding a extra spawn on top of what is already available is a advantage, no matter how miniscule the advantage might be.

The reality is, you can give someone as much of an advantage as you like. But the moment that you start doing it because they are paying for it, that's when you infringe on BI rules.

15 minutes ago, KillerAussie said:

Donation spawns and cop/medic spawns are not the same. Donation spawns are paid for, cop/medic are earned/given. Giving someone an advantage is not against BI rules, however giving someone an advantage because they gave money to your community is against BI rules. Adding a extra spawn on top of what is already available is a advantage, no matter how miniscule the advantage might be.

The reality is, you can give someone as much of an advantage as you like. But the moment that you start doing it because they are paying for it, that's when you infringe on BI rules.

I can't see an advantage of spawning in the middle of nowhere, i could understand if it was right by rebel, or with a rebel shop etc inside it but most people don't do that. I ran servers for about 5yrs, i know people would have reported me at every given opportunity but i/we never had any issues with Bohemia over spawns or anything else. If donator spawns were against the rules im pretty sure i'd have been informed by Bohemia at some point, we had plenty of haters and people wanting to take us down.

I can kind of see your point if spawns are in unfair positions, however if you use a bit of common sense i don't see how it would give an advantage. I'll contact Bohemia and double check, but im pretty sure donator spawns are fine as long as they don't contain things others can't get (apart from textures etc) or give an unfair advantage over others (rebel shop with cheaper prices for example).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JedINyte said:

I ran servers for about 5yrs, i know people would have reported me at every given opportunity but i/we never had any issues with Bohemia over spawns or anything else. If donator spawns were against the rules im pretty sure i'd have been informed by Bohemia at some point, we had plenty of haters and people wanting to take us down.

You may have just been lucky. Your players may not have been fully aware of the rules. Also, BI generally only intervenes when they have recieved complaints. I am just basing my argument off technicality.

Bohemia Interactive:

• Selling of in-game items, that don’t affect gameplay, is allowed.

• Accepting donations is allowed, but to avoid any doubts: not providing donations must not prevent anyone from accessing the content.
  • Like 1

Just now, KillerAussie said:

You may have just been lucky. Your players may not have been fully aware of the rules. Also, BI generally only intervenes when they have recieved complaints. I am just basing my argument off technicality.

Bohemia Interactive:

• Selling of in-game items, that don’t affect gameplay, is allowed.

• Accepting donations is allowed, but to avoid any doubts: not providing donations must not prevent anyone from accessing the content.

We would have received complaints 100% lol :) 

I dunno, personally i've never had any issues with donator spawns, we weren't idiot's though to be fair, the only thing you could get from them were  donator skins and the spawns were up in the top left hand side of Altis....miles from anywhere and probably, if anything a disadvantage to donators.

I've had a quick google and the answers are conflicting, i'm not sure Bohemia will give an adequate answer as others who have contacted them seem to receive a generic reply pointing them in the direction of the link from which you pulled those answers. I think as long as you aren't an idiot, you should be ok to give donator spawns, it's literally a spawn with a shop to buy skins, nothing more....if you add weapon shops, rebel etc it would be a disadvantage to others as you can spawn there without buying the license and with little to no risk....if you are simply selling the skins there it shouldn't be an issue as others wont have access to the skins unless they donate regardless. 

The rules are not 100% clear, however myself and others have never had issues with donator spawns (we tried to stay within the rules as best we could...spawn point, vehicle shop with skins....that was it). People generally wouldn't spawn at the donator shop as it was miles out of the way of anything, certainly not advantageous to anyone to spawn there.

@JedINyte, as a server owner I would most likely do the same thing you did. I'm not going to tell anyone else that they should do it too but like you said, you were trying as best you could to stay within the rules. At the end of the day, I think thats all BI is looking for.

@caxcaz just make sure you are aware of the BI Server Monetization Rules.

• Like 1

While I agree that you really shouldn't do it as it's walking the line on the Monetization rules, you'd just add it as a condition in your "Config_SpawnPoints.hpp":

Ex:

class Donator {
                displayName = "Donator Spawn";
                spawnMarker = "civ_spawn_donator";
                icon = "\a3\ui_f\data\map\MapControl\watertower_ca.paa";
                conditions = "call life_donorlevel > 0";
            };

That would give you the option to spawn at the marker "civ_spawn_donator" if you had any donor level.