Churvious

Best Server Hosting

Hey guys I am making a new server and I was wondering what is your favorite server hosting.  Or what should I use a VPS or a ArmA 3 Server Hoster.  Im sorry if this is in the wrong area.

21 hours ago, Kaiden said:

I would recommend OVH for dedicated and not a hosting service, they are often very overpriced.

Ok.  I just dont have Dedicated money thats why I was thinking VPS

42 minutes ago, Churvious said:

unfortunately it can be very expensive running/operating servers

19 hours ago, Churvious said:

You get what you pay for

• Like 1

2 hours ago, derty633 said:

@ToxicRageTv and I use https://www.armahosts.com/ for our dedicated servers. so far a great company and better than what we had before. 

On OVH a i7-7700k oc, 64gb RAM, 450gb NVMe drives, with unlimited DDOS protection, 250mbs connection, unlimited bandwidth and Windows server 2016 is £137 a month ($181)...hosted in EU and USA

With that company, an i7-7700k, 64gb RAM, 1tb HDD,, 50gbs DDOS protection, 1Gbps dedicated port, 10tb bandwidth and Windows Server 2012 is £250 a month ($332)...hosted in USA only

:S 

Edited by JedINyte

14 minutes ago, JedINyte said:

On OVH a i7-7700k oc, 64gb RAM, 450gb NVMe drives, with unlimited DDOS protection, 250mbs connection, unlimited bandwidth and Windows server 2016 is £137 a month ($181)...hosted in EU and USA

With that company, an i7-7700k, 64gb RAM, 1tb HDD,, 50gbs DDOS protection, 1Gbps dedicated port, 10tb bandwidth and Windows Server 2012 is £250 a month ($332)...hosted in USA only

:S 

We got a special deal on our. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ToxicRageTv said:

We got a special deal on our. 

Result!

I'm a bit of an OVH fan boy, mainly because of their DDOS protection and their data center locations :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JedINyte said:

Result!

I'm a bit of an OVH fan boy, mainly because of their DDOS protection and their data center locations :) 

Haha understandable :)

If you have a big community that is making profit, OVH would be an obvious choice.

Edited by Kaiden
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kaiden said:

Haha understandable :)

If you have a big community that is making profit, OVH would be an obvious choice.

+1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JedINyte said:

Soyoustart is good too....it's OVH, but a bit more affordable :) 

Is it called “SoYouStart”? :o

6 hours ago, JedINyte said:

Result!

As you know my server is some what popular and the amounts of DDOSing we get is stupid, but as you said OVH is amazing and it hasn't affected the server once. 

5 hours ago, JedINyte said:

Soyoustart is good too....it's OVH, but a bit more affordable :) 

Heck, even a Kimsufi is better than an unprotected Box or VPS somewhere. For like $20 you could run a small Altis Life server easily. With the Windows OS templates available online you could just bring your own license if you really need Windows. Don't expect it to hold up to a massive DDoS without locking new UDP connections or dropping a few packets, but it will be far better than little or no protection. Game Servers get hit hard. Game Server Providers drop you fast when you get hit. NFO Servers is also a decent option, just choose a premium location. Their VDS offerings are fine, but a little sad on the cpu speed sometimes.

Remember, most of the Game Server Providers rent or Colocate servers in another Data Center. With many that show huge DDoS mitigation numbers, they are using OVH (looking at your Vilayer with Sec-Layer marketing BS) and often aren't that well protected on all Datacenters. For German locations, expect to see Hetzner Servers. Game servers typically run on Consumer Grade hardware since we want the faster CPU Clock Speed for the first thread that takes a big beating with most games not handling Multi-threading well, even on the dedicated server branches.

• Like 1

Yes OVH is simply worth it in arma now adays since it seems like people enjoy ddosing, we've gotten over 3,000 ddos attacks in the past 6 months, almost nothing has effected it.

On 7/17/2018 at 11:35 AM, Repentz said:

Yes OVH is simply worth it in arma now adays since it seems like people enjoy ddosing, we've gotten over 3,000 ddos attacks in the past 6 months, almost nothing has effected it.

Wow.  Im guessing the psisyn server.  Ok.  

On 7/27/2018 at 9:07 PM, therealvaseog said:

Wholesale internet is cheaper and better imo.

Cheaper, yes. Better, no. They offer no DDoS protection and very budget servers with little support. Good luck dealing with the first angry 12 year old that gets banned and has mom's credit card for a booter.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2018 at 1:25 PM, imthatguyhere said:

Cheaper, yes. Better, no. They offer no DDoS protection and very budget servers with little support. Good luck dealing with the first angry 12 year old that gets banned and has mom's credit card for a booter.

they do offer DDoS protection tho.

On 9/7/2018 at 5:01 PM, therealvaseog said:

they do offer DDoS protection tho.

Oh really? Where did you hear that? From my experience their "mitigation" is just a null-route until the attack ends.

On 9/10/2018 at 1:09 PM, imthatguyhere said:

Oh really? Where did you hear that? From my experience their "mitigation" is just a null-route until the attack ends.

Did not hear it from anywhere just have had kids try to ddoss us and couldn't take us down.

16 hours ago, therealvaseog said:

Did not hear it from anywhere just have had kids try to ddoss us and couldn't take us down.

They've claimed 2Gbps DDoS mitigation before, but they essentially have none and don't advertise that they do. From experience, if you get attacked to the point it would affect other servers on your shared connection, you will get a null-route until the attack stops. Sounds like your "kids" were more bark than bite.

Edited by imthatguyhere

On 9/18/2018 at 9:22 AM, imthatguyhere said:

They've claimed 2Gbps DDoS mitigation before, but they essentially have none and don't advertise that they do. From experience, if you get attacked to the point it would affect other servers on your shared connection, you will get a null-route until the attack stops. Sounds like your "kids" were more bark than bite.

not really man we could tell they were hitting it but diddnt affect us but not gonna argue about it.