Repentz

[NEW] How to sign and create EBO's for any addon

CREATE EBO’S AND MAKE THEM SIGNABLE FOR ANY ADDON

By: Travis Butts

So something has been kept hidden from everyone for the reason of them wanting there server fully protected and not wanted people to unbin there stuff, etc. I have been holding this in my pocket for a long time and have not told anyone for the reason of my things and one other server being only ones with EBO's. I feel like this should be released for those that would like to know how to EBO their addons.

Q: Why make addons into EBO?

A: Security; Almost nobody can get into an EBO's these days, and it gives you an extremely good chance of having your assets remain secure, more-so than obfuscation.

Up until this point, almost nobody knew how to make ebo's signable, meaning you could not restrict people from joining your servers with unknown addons if you used ebo files, now you can because this method is public.

• Step 1:

Download the EBO Encunter by Dougemm

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cIynBLnBZib27aFoRNYrSwqcGYHU8n0M

• Step 2:

Pack addons with pboProject with the following settings, if sign with key is off this is because you do not have a key selected in the options

https://armaservices.maverick-applications.com/Products/MikerosDosTools/DownloadFree.aspx?download=pboProject.2.24.6.43.Installer.exe

rOpH18J.png

• Step 3:

Once packed, drag and drop pbo on the EBO Encunter and wait for it to turn into a ebo.

• Step 4:

Now you should have a EBO File and the key which was made for the PBO, rename the .pbo part on the bikey to .ebo

• Step 5:

In your server config put this in it, regularCheck = "{}";

• Step 6:

Put the key file in Keys, run the addons and you should be all good to go!

Edited by Repentz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2