stickytoedfrog

Uniform Retexture Help

Hello,

I've been trying to edit the default fn_playerSkins.sqf file to add an additional cop uniform. The first retexture being the SWAT one works completely fine however the second one seems to apply an odd mashup to the rangemaster uniform. My code I've been using is as follows.

private ["_skinName", "_skinsName"]; //Should make variables

case west: {
        if (uniform player isEqualTo "U_I_CombatUniform") then { // If player wears "uniform"? then
            _skinName = "textures\swat_uniform.jpg"; // Set actual variable?
            if (LIFE_SETTINGS(getNumber,"cop_extendedSkins") isEqualTo 1) then { // Unsure of use, breaks without it? Possibly checks if extra cop skins are allowed?
                if (FETCH_CONST(life_coplevel) >= 1) then { // Gets player cop level and checks if greater or equal to 1? then
                    _skinName = ["textures\swat_uniform_",(FETCH_CONST(life_coplevel)),".jpg"] joinString ""; // Sets variable... again? joins a string with no spaces for some reason?
                };
            };
            player setObjectTextureGlobal [0, _skinName]; // Sets player skin as variable?
        };
        if (uniform player isEqualTo "U_Rangemaster") then {
            _skinsName = "textures\cop_uniform.jpg";
            if (LIFE_SETTINGS(getNumber,"cop_extendedSkins") isEqualTo 1) then {
                if (FETCH_CONST(life_coplevel) >= 1) then { // Would the two >= 1 be conflicting? I've already tried separating the variables.
                    _skinsName = ["textures\cop_uniform_",(FETCH_CONST(life_coplevel)),".jpg"] ;
                };
            };
            player setObjectTextureGlobal [0, _skinsName];
        };
    };

I've added basic comments of what I believe each line is doing off my personal research over the past few days. Any help what so ever would be appreciated!

Edited by stickytoedfrog
Solved, thanks for the help everyone!

Is your end goal to end up with a leveled swat uniform (Each rank gets a different one) or are you just trying to set up a general uniform (Each rank gets the same one)? 

@stickytoedfrog

I'm just attempting to make two general uniforms, please let me know if you need anymore information! I forgot to mention I'm using the v4 of Altis Life, thanks.

Once I'm back home I can also provide images of my issue if needed.

@res

Edited by stickytoedfrog

case west: {
        if (uniform player isEqualTo "U_I_CombatUniform") then {
            player setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "textures\swat_uniform.jpg"];
        };
		if (uniform player isEqualTo "U_I_CombatUniform_shortsleeve") then {
            player setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "textures\swat_uniform.jpg"];
		};	
    };

Added a short sleeve version for you as well, let me know if you need any extra help @stickytoedfrog

Edited by res
  • Like 1

ExtendedSkins basically asks for the basic file name then joinStrings the whitelist number at the end

cop_skin_ joined by 7 joined by .jpg

making

cop_skin_7.jpg

Ah I see! Thanks for explaining that to me, so if I have it as cop_uniform.jpeg it is instead searching for cop_uniform_.jpeg? I assume that would be why it applies the first aaf fatigues uniform to the rangemaster uniform instead of the correct jpeg?

Edited by stickytoedfrog
Spelling mistake

6 hours ago, stickytoedfrog said:

Ah I see! Thanks for explaining that to me, so if I have it as cop_uniform.jpeg it is instead searching for cop_uniform_.jpeg? I assume that would be why it applies the first aaf fatigues uniform to the rangemaster uniform instead of the correct jpeg?

i think you lost me with what you are asking, but what res posted is how you don't do what i explained haha