Welcome to Altis Life RPG

Register now to gain access to all of our features.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Note that you can now sign-in with your Steam account.

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• AltisLifeRpg

Opening Announcement   09/13/2016

Opening Announcement We are happy to announce the official reopening of the community assistance forum Altis Life RPG (open source public property). Before going any further, let's go over the current situation. As you are already aware, the forum and the database of Altisliferpg.com had been hacked a few weeks ago. This unfortunate situation has touched many communities of Arma 3. The various databases were erased, and since they were under the responsibility of the previous administration, no backup was able to recover the lost data. This means that all the tedious work must be redone. This regrettable situation has led Tonic to transfer the responsibility of its administration to a new and neutral party. This party has as sole goal to reunite every community, as diverse as they are, together to perpetuate the development of our beloved mod AltisLifeRPG.  First of all, I think it is important to clarify our intentions. Foremost, we want to reassure you that we are not proclaiming being the owners of the previous versions of Altis Life (open source public property) in collaboration with BoGuu based on Tonic' codes. As you know, Boguu has been a major player in the most recent versions. Please note that this platform is and will always remain open to future developers such as Boguu that would like to elevate Altis Life RPG to the next level. By doing so, we take our role as an official reference platform very seriously in the eyes of the vast community of Altis Life RPG. We are ready to face this responsibility. We are aware that the content added by users could be provided by external sources or from the original website. If you see a tutorial that you've created on our platform where you are not credited as the author, please mention it immediately to the administration and we will promptly fix the situation. Please note that seeing the overwhelming amount of content added by the community, we will not proactively search other community assistance websites to validate if proper credits were given to the various authors. Instead, it will be the author's responsibility to be proactive in contacting the administration. Since the majority of the content found on other websites came originally from Altisliferpg.com, we encourage members joining us to share any content deemed pertinent coming from other platforms without forgetting to credit the authors.       Finally, to clarify the rumors circulating: - The forum was not scammed. It was transferred directly from Bryan 'Tonic' Boardwine to our administration. A domain cannot be scammed. - The forum was transferred as an independent entity which has as a sole mission to perpetuate the forum and not let it die out.       Altisliferpg.com Regards, the Administration.       Feel free to join us on Discord in the Altis Life RPG Community section of the forum.   And of course if you have any question, feel free to message us here.
    • Rozo

Donations   09/18/2016

Hello,
        We've added a donation block on the right side. All of those donation goes directly to the developer of Altis Life mod ( currently BoGuu ). None of that money is used to maintain the forum. In the future we might add a donation button to support the forum, but for now we want to encourage the developer because they went through a lot. To discuss this topic - Here
    • Shakir Darwish

IS YOUR SERVER BROKEN SINCE 1.64 UPDATE?   09/22/2016

If your server is broken since 1.64 go check this link thanks. https://github.com/AsYetUntitled/Framework/issues/104
    • Rozo

Sad Day   01/04/2017

Good evening community of Altis Life RPG, Today was a sad day. We learned the hard way that one of the helper was using his status and visibility on the forum to do things i wouldn't imagine.  We were warned about this user in the beginning, we talked about his behavior and he said that they were things of the past. We were fooled.
      Unfortunately, he fooled other community members by selling stolen content and impersonating his role as a developer in another community. Here's a remember of one of the rules on our forum, No selling scripts, snippets, or services.   So if anyone come across someone who's selling his services, scripts or whatever, Report them. Especially if it's coming from an Helper, Mod, Admin. No one in the staff should ask for money, we already mention this when we reopened the forum and that rule is here to stay.

We can't be sorry enough for what happen here, for any harm it as caused among other communities, for money that shouldn't been spent and we truly hope this doesn't happen again.

As for the user in question, he is now banned from our forum and discord and we wish to never cross his path again.
        If there's anything we can do hit us on Discord or send a message to an admin.
      Thanks, Rozo.
ResilientPower

Storing Vehicle in Garage Issue.

I am having an issue with trying to add CUP vehicles or beyond that any modded vehicle to the game. I know that this is probably not the place to ask these questions but I have searched everywhere and this is the last stop. "hopefully someone can help :)"

I have a general understanding of code and how to implement it into the game. By no means do I know how to write it.

Hosting Service: GTX Gaming

Version of Altis Life: 5.0

SQL Mode is set to strict "so says the hosting service"

Whenever I try and add a modded vehicle into the game

1. I add it to the shop correctly because i can purchase it.

2. Whenever I try to store the Vehicle into the garage it tells me. "There isn't a Vehicle near the NPC" <-----------This is the part I am having an issue with.

"Vanilla Vehicles of-course work and store correctly as they should, modded Vechs are the only problem"

====================================================================================================

RPT logs indicate: RPT LOGs     This log is reoccurring over and over. 

ExtDB log indicates: extDB Logs  From the server extdb file logs

Thanks guys if you can help and if not oh well, I will figure this out eventually "I hope lol"

Edited by ResilientPower

Im having same kind of issue ..... Whenever I try to store the Vehicle into the garage it tells me. "There isn't a Vehicle near the NPC" Note the cleanup script doesnt know what to do with the vehicle either ?? I was thinking these vehicles arnt classified as vehicles to the server ??

If you search for this on your map (463, etc.) and remove them, the error shouldnt appear again.

But its just log spaming, not more.

lient: Object 3:13 (type Type_463) not found.

Client: Object 3:18 (type Type_463) not found.

Client: Object 3:10 (type Type_463) not found.

Can you impound the vehicle?

And do you have the key for the vehicle?

The file which could be important for you is the fn_vehicleStore.sqf in the life server

Ok, the objects from the RPT are taken care of. 

I can Impound the vehicle but the Vehicle does not disappear and as you can see in picture, its underneath the ground. "see Image below"

Impounding Vehicle Picture

I do have the Keys as the civilian when i buy them from the shop "see picture below"------ And if i disconnect and reconnect to the server, the vehicles are gone and Keys are no longer in Inventory

Vehicles Purchased from shop 

Keys in Virtual Inventory

The file to which you refer fn_vehicleStore line #13------- _nearVehicles = nearestObjects[getPos (_this select 0),["Car","Air","Ship"],30]; //Fetch vehicles within 30m.

I have edited this line to reflect the individual vehicles that are sold at the shop I.E. ["Car","Air","Ship","CUP_C_UAZ_Open_TK_CIV","CUP_C_UAZ_Unarmed_TK_CIV"],30]; //Fetch vehicles within 30m.

Unless there is something that I have missed when editing this file of-course.

This still has no effect on the storage part of the Vehicle at the garage. It still says "There isn't a vehicle near the NPC"

UNLESS, you are referring to the life_server.pbo that is in the server file, in that case. If there is something that needs to be edited I dont know what that something is....

Edited by ResilientPower

Why are you trying to impound your own vehicle, isn't that something that the game does not let you do...... 

That line you edit revert that, that searches for the nearby vehicles of that type, a car, a boat, or an aircraft, that will fuck it up

My guess is you didn't properly define the vehicle in config_vehicles or you rented it. You add it in two places in config vehicles, the shop, and the definings at the bottom under class LifeCfgVehicles

Edited by Deadlesszombie

I impounded the Vehicle as a cop to see if it would disappear. Testing wise. Which the Vanilla vehicles do delete and impound.

The line i am referring to, i have not changed anything yet, I have tried it in the past and it didn't work, so i went back to default settings as posted link below.

fn_storeVehicle.sqf      Line#15

The config vehicles is set properly because i bought the car not rented it, Link below will show code.

Config_Vehicles.hpp   Lines 26-29 & Lines 418-443

Everything is set properly i believe. It has to do with something leading towards the database "but i don't know how the database differentiates between vehicles."

Edited by ResilientPower

19 hours ago, (AOGN)Sidewinder said:

Im having same kind of issue ..... Whenever I try to store the Vehicle into the garage it tells me. "There isn't a Vehicle near the NPC" Note the cleanup script doesnt know what to do with the vehicle either ?? I was thinking these vehicles arnt classified as vehicles to the server ??

Thats what I am thinking Side, but I have combed through the code looking for something and either I am blind "probably" or the database doesn't know what to do with the cars. I tried a different Mod pack and it did the same thing so.....

On 2/7/2018 at 10:27 PM, ResilientPower said:

I impounded the Vehicle as a cop to see if it would disappear. Testing wise. Which the Vanilla vehicles do delete and impound.

The line i am referring to, i have not changed anything yet, I have tried it in the past and it didn't work, so i went back to default settings as posted link below.

fn_storeVehicle.sqf      Line#15

The config vehicles is set properly because i bought the car not rented it, Link below will show code.

Config_Vehicles.hpp   Lines 26-29 & Lines 418-443

Everything is set properly i believe. It has to do with something leading towards the database "but i don't know how the database differentiates between vehicles."

Why is this for if they have the driver license or if they are not civilian... but it's in the civilian shop..

Ok so here is the issue.  Vanilla Altis vehicles store in the garage with no problem. but when a mod vehicle is bought, keys are given np, it is brought to the garage to store and the npc states  "There isn't a vehicle near the NPC". Im thinking the server doesn't see the vehaicle as a car ? not sure if its a database thing ? I looked at the fn_storeVehicle.sqf file where is lists _nearVehicles = nearestObjects[getPos (_this select 0),["Car","Air","Ship"],30]; //Fetch vehicles within 30m.  I was told to add the vehicle class in so the server would see it , but no luck.  The servers cleanup script dont get rid of the modded vehicle after its destroyed as well ??

7 hours ago, ResilientPower said:

what @Deadlesszombie, I need elaboration on your comment to try and help find the solution.

Well I found it odd in your config vehicles how the car required drivers icense or the playerside not being civilian, I think its odd as the cars are in the civilian shop. It could just be cup vehicles as I've had no issue setting up modded vehicles in the past and currently. 

So does this mean you don't have to add modded vehicles to the store vehicle script... ? Shocked no one here is familiar with my above post.

2 hours ago, (AOGN)Sidewinder said:

So does this mean you don't have to add modded vehicles to the store vehicle script... ? Shocked no one here is familiar with my above post.

I've never had such issues with modding vehicles so i am at a loss as to what is making you guys have problems

@Deadlesszombie Well, what is it that you do different that we are missing? Thats what we are after here. I am using the default database with the default map with default settings on the map. The only thing that has been done to my server is that I have installed the mods and thats it "and editing the vehicles into the shops". So by what you have said, thats all you have done and have not had any issues? If so, what version of altis life & database are you using?

Edited by ResilientPower

40 minutes ago, ResilientPower said:

@Deadlesszombie Well, what is it that you do different that we are missing? Thats what we are after here. I am using the default database with the default map with default settings on the map. The only thing that has been done to my server is that I have installed the mods and thats it "and editing the vehicles into the shops". So by what you have said, thats all you have done and have not had any issues? If so, what version of altis life & database are you using?

I've done it with 4.4 and 5.0, I've always left the conditions blank as no need to have playerside checks for cars as they are added to playerside shops and people driving without a license gets their car impounded and ticketed for RP. 

All I do is add it to the shop and set the vItem and price at the bottom

Your server also runs the modpack right? 

Edit: Is your server 64bit with 32bit mods? 

Edited by Deadlesszombie

I am using 5.0 aswell

## I've done it with 4.4 and 5.0, I've always left the conditions blank as no need to have playerside checks for cars as they are added to playerside shops and people driving without a license gets their car impounded and ticketed for RP. ##

Config_Vehicles.hpp------------------------- Check and see if you see any discrepancy's here with what i have if you can.

2. Server is running the mod pack and Bikeys are in the proper folder. As i can buy them and HAVE the keys in my inventory

3. I use GTX Gaming server host. So I dont know what they run. I would imagine they use 64bit but I could be wrong.

Edited by ResilientPower

9 hours ago, ResilientPower said:

I am using 5.0 aswell

## I've done it with 4.4 and 5.0, I've always left the conditions blank as no need to have playerside checks for cars as they are added to playerside shops and people driving without a license gets their car impounded and ticketed for RP. ##

Config_Vehicles.hpp------------------------- Check and see if you see any discrepancy's here with what i have if you can.

2. Server is running the mod pack and Bikeys are in the proper folder. As i can buy them and HAVE the keys in my inventory

3. I use GTX Gaming server host. So I dont know what they run. I would imagine they use 64bit but I could be wrong.

that looks completely correct to me o-o

Look at one of the vehicles and put cursortarget iskindof in the watch field of debug and fell me what it says. 

Wow...so when I add modded vehicles to the shop by listing the vehicle and it's capacity/cost it still does not store in the garage. It says there is no vehicle near the NPC.  Is this a database problem ...or is the storevehicle file surpose to be edited.  Like "car,air,boat, ?  ... The server is not seeing any mod vehicle as a vehicle. Even the cleanup script doesnt know what to do with it.