Welcome to Altis Life RPG

Register now to gain access to all of our features.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Note that you can now sign-in with your Steam account.

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• AltisLifeRpg

Opening Announcement   09/13/2016

Opening Announcement We are happy to announce the official reopening of the community assistance forum Altis Life RPG (open source public property). Before going any further, let's go over the current situation. As you are already aware, the forum and the database of Altisliferpg.com had been hacked a few weeks ago. This unfortunate situation has touched many communities of Arma 3. The various databases were erased, and since they were under the responsibility of the previous administration, no backup was able to recover the lost data. This means that all the tedious work must be redone. This regrettable situation has led Tonic to transfer the responsibility of its administration to a new and neutral party. This party has as sole goal to reunite every community, as diverse as they are, together to perpetuate the development of our beloved mod AltisLifeRPG.  First of all, I think it is important to clarify our intentions. Foremost, we want to reassure you that we are not proclaiming being the owners of the previous versions of Altis Life (open source public property) in collaboration with BoGuu based on Tonic' codes. As you know, Boguu has been a major player in the most recent versions. Please note that this platform is and will always remain open to future developers such as Boguu that would like to elevate Altis Life RPG to the next level. By doing so, we take our role as an official reference platform very seriously in the eyes of the vast community of Altis Life RPG. We are ready to face this responsibility. We are aware that the content added by users could be provided by external sources or from the original website. If you see a tutorial that you've created on our platform where you are not credited as the author, please mention it immediately to the administration and we will promptly fix the situation. Please note that seeing the overwhelming amount of content added by the community, we will not proactively search other community assistance websites to validate if proper credits were given to the various authors. Instead, it will be the author's responsibility to be proactive in contacting the administration. Since the majority of the content found on other websites came originally from Altisliferpg.com, we encourage members joining us to share any content deemed pertinent coming from other platforms without forgetting to credit the authors.       Finally, to clarify the rumors circulating: - The forum was not scammed. It was transferred directly from Bryan 'Tonic' Boardwine to our administration. A domain cannot be scammed. - The forum was transferred as an independent entity which has as a sole mission to perpetuate the forum and not let it die out.       Altisliferpg.com Regards, the Administration.       Feel free to join us on Discord in the Altis Life RPG Community section of the forum.   And of course if you have any question, feel free to message us here.
    • Rozo

Donations   09/18/2016

Hello,
        We've added a donation block on the right side. All of those donation goes directly to the developer of Altis Life mod ( currently BoGuu ). None of that money is used to maintain the forum. In the future we might add a donation button to support the forum, but for now we want to encourage the developer because they went through a lot. To discuss this topic - Here
    • Shakir Darwish

IS YOUR SERVER BROKEN SINCE 1.64 UPDATE?   09/22/2016

If your server is broken since 1.64 go check this link thanks. https://github.com/AsYetUntitled/Framework/issues/104
    • Rozo

Sad Day   01/04/2017

Good evening community of Altis Life RPG, Today was a sad day. We learned the hard way that one of the helper was using his status and visibility on the forum to do things i wouldn't imagine.  We were warned about this user in the beginning, we talked about his behavior and he said that they were things of the past. We were fooled.
      Unfortunately, he fooled other community members by selling stolen content and impersonating his role as a developer in another community. Here's a remember of one of the rules on our forum, No selling scripts, snippets, or services.   So if anyone come across someone who's selling his services, scripts or whatever, Report them. Especially if it's coming from an Helper, Mod, Admin. No one in the staff should ask for money, we already mention this when we reopened the forum and that rule is here to stay.

We can't be sorry enough for what happen here, for any harm it as caused among other communities, for money that shouldn't been spent and we truly hope this doesn't happen again.

As for the user in question, he is now banned from our forum and discord and we wish to never cross his path again.
        If there's anything we can do hit us on Discord or send a message to an admin.
      Thanks, Rozo.
Marcus Suridius

Heli Spawning default bottom left of map

Hello,

I have been trying to resolve an issue with helicopters spawning in the bottom left when a spawn location has been setup for them.

For the NPC im using this code,

this addAction["Medic Air Shop",life_fnc_vehicleShopMenu,["med_air_hs",independent,"medic_air_1","med","Medical Air Response"]];   
this addAction["Air Garage",  {   if (life_HC_isActive) then {    [getPlayerUID player,playerSide,"Air",player] remoteExecCall ["HC_fnc_getVehicles",HC_Life]; }  
else { [getPlayerUID player,playerSide,"Air",player] remoteExecCall ["TON_fnc_getVehicles",2];};   createDialog "Life_impound_menu";   disableSerialization;   ctrlSetText[2802,"Fetching Vehicles...."];    
life_garage_sp = "medic_air_1"; life_garage_type = "Air";  },"",0,false,false,"",'playerSide isEqualTo west'];   
this addAction["Store Vehicle in Garage",life_fnc_storeVehicle,"",0,false,false,"",'!life_garage_store'];

I have an empty entity with the variable set to medic_air_1 and others set to 2, 3 etc.

When I go to the NPC and spawn in a heli from either NPC the heli will spawn in the bottom left corner of the map, I have checked there to spot any NPC's, Markets etc but can't see anything but when I was on the server and went to the area I could see a Heli Pad there but it doesn't show on the Editor. I also tried different heli's incase that was the issue but it spawns in the same location.

Vehicle Configs - Config

The RPT logs don't show anything relating to vehicles, spawning or medics. RPT Log

Isn't it life server functions/systems fn_spawnvehicle where it spawns it on top of a hospital?

Edited by Deadlesszombie

9 minutes ago, Deadlesszombie said:

Isn't it life server functions/systems fn_spawnvehicle where it spawns it on top of a hospital?

Only thought there was the spawn.hpp file. Checked that one, is this the part you mean?

[_query,1] call DB_fnc_asyncCall;
if (_sp isEqualType "") then {
    _vehicle = createVehicle[(_vInfo select 2),[0,0,999],[],0,"NONE"];
    waitUntil {!isNil "_vehicle" && {!isNull _vehicle}};
    _vehicle allowDamage false;
    _hs = nearestObjects[getMarkerPos _sp,["Land_Hospital_side2_F"],50] select 0;
    _vehicle setPosATL (_hs modelToWorld [-0.4,-4,12.65]);
    uiSleep 0.6;
} else {

• Like 1

The only reason(I believe)  a heli/vehicle wont spawn is because the game engine cant find the marker you've specified for it to spawn at.

2 minutes ago, Pril- said:

The only reason(I believe)  a heli/vehicle wont spawn is because the game engine cant find the marker you've specified for it to spawn at.

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well so I create a 3rd one to test and placed it at the airport so there wasn't an issue of lack of space but same issue of it spawning in the bottom left.

I tested changing "Land_Hospital_side2_F" in that config to the marker name but same issue same with changing [-0.4,-4,12.65] to the coord's of the marker. Ill test changing the 0,0,999 to see if that works.

49 minutes ago, Marcus Suridius said:

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well so I create a 3rd one to test and placed it at the airport so there wasn't an issue of lack of space but same issue of it spawning in the bottom left.

I tested changing "Land_Hospital_side2_F" in that config to the marker name but same issue same with changing [-0.4,-4,12.65] to the coord's of the marker. Ill test changing the 0,0,999 to see if that works.

I stopped working with altis life etc a while back, Im still deciding weather I want to continue to work with the framework, and help around, I only stopped because so many unappreciative kids who cant read.

On Topic, I'll help where its due, and if I can remember lol but I do remember is the heli will spawn from the NPC which is in the life_server folder.

• Like 1

did you change anything in fn_vehicleShopBuy? Also what map is it on?

If you look in the fn_vehicleShopBuy.sqf and go to line 64 and line 89 you can find some info about how it spawns the heli's.

On 2/7/2018 at 6:06 AM, ToxicRageTv said:

did you change anything in fn_vehicleShopBuy? Also what map is it on?

If you look in the fn_vehicleShopBuy.sqf and go to line 64 and line 89 you can find some info about how it spawns the heli's.

Thanks for the reply, im only new to coding for Arma so had no idea about that file or needing to change anything in it.

Ive tried editting this bit,

{
    _hs = createVehicle ["Land_Hospital_main_F", [0,0,0,0], [], 0, "NONE"];
    _hs setDir (markerDir _x);
    _hs setPosATL (getMarkerPos _x);
    _var = createVehicle ["Land_Hospital_side1_F", [0,0,0], [], 0, "NONE"];
    _var attachTo [_hs, [4.69775,32.6045,-0.1125]];
    detach _var;
    _var = createVehicle ["Land_Hospital_side2_F", [0,0,0], [], 0, "NONE"];
    _var attachTo [_hs, [-28.0336,-10.0317,0.0889387]];
    detach _var;
} forEach ["hospital_2","hospital_3"];

And changing the "Land_Hospital_main_F" to the name of the hospital marker name and when that didn't work I tried changing the 0,0,0 to the coord's of the hospitals but got the same result. Ive even added in that building to the map using the debug console but same result.

I see the part you mean on the vehicleShopBuy config, 

if (((life_veh_shop select 0) == "med_air_hs")) then {
    if ((nearestObjects[(getMarkerPos _spawnPoints),["Air"],35]) isEqualTo []) exitWith {_spawnPoint = _spawnPoints};
} else {
    //Check if there is multiple spawn points and find a suitable spawnpoint.
    if (_spawnPoints isEqualType []) then {
        //Find an available spawn point.
        {if ((nearestObjects[(getMarkerPos _x),["Car","Ship","Air"],5]) isEqualTo []) exitWith {_spawnPoint = _x};} forEach _spawnPoints;
    } else {
        if ((nearestObjects[(getMarkerPos _spawnPoints),["Car","Ship","Air"],5]) isEqualTo []) exitWith {_spawnPoint = _spawnPoints};
    };
};

if (_spawnPoint isEqualTo "") exitWith {hint localize "STR_Shop_Veh_Block";closeDialog 0;};
CASH = CASH - _purchasePrice;
hint format[localize "STR_Shop_Veh_Bought",getText(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _className >> "displayName"),[_purchasePrice] call life_fnc_numberText];

//Spawn the vehicle and prep it.
if ((life_veh_shop select 0) == "med_air_hs") then {
    _vehicle = createVehicle [_className,[0,0,999],[], 0, "NONE"];
    waitUntil {!isNil "_vehicle" && {!isNull _vehicle}}; //Wait?
    _hs = nearestObjects[getMarkerPos _spawnPoint,["Land_Hospital_side2_F"],50] select 0;
    sleep 0.6;
}

Would you know what id have to edit on this to have it work, I did try change the _spawnPoint,["Land_Hospital_side2_F"],50] select 0; Land_Hospital part to the hospital name and heli pad name but got the same.

Edited by Marcus Suridius

Is it on Altis or Tanoa? Also are you trying to spawn it on the hospital? Is there a hospital near by?

47 minutes ago, ToxicRageTv said:

Is it on Altis or Tanoa? Also are you trying to spawn it on the hospital? Is there a hospital near by?

Its on Malden, there's no prebuilt hospitals which is causing the issue but no idea why I can't just point the spawns to helipads I add once I confirm in the NPC init.

Just now, Marcus Suridius said:

Its on Malden, there's no prebuilt hospitals which is causing the issue but no idea why I can't just point the spawns to helipads I add once I confirm in the NPC init.

So your placing your own hospitals or are you not trying to spawn it on the hospital?

I just want to spawn them at locations ive made for them, ive uploaded a screenshot of the area - https://imgur.com/a/zMZSJ

Only tried adding hospitals cause ive been at it for a while and nothing ive tried worked so tried using the code to add in the hospital but same result.

Ive a helipad default named, an empty system marker to specify the spawn location (which works for garage pullouts) but when I try buy or rent one it goes to the bottom left of the ocean.

10 minutes ago, Marcus Suridius said:

I just want to spawn them at locations ive made for them, ive uploaded a screenshot of the area - https://imgur.com/a/zMZSJ

Only tried adding hospitals cause ive been at it for a while and nothing ive tried worked so tried using the code to add in the hospital but same result.

Ive a helipad default named, an empty system marker to specify the spawn location (which works for garage pullouts) but when I try buy or rent one it goes to the bottom left of the ocean.

Try changing

if (((life_veh_shop select 0) == "med_air_hs")) then {
    if ((nearestObjects[(getMarkerPos _spawnPoints),["Air"],35]) isEqualTo []) exitWith {_spawnPoint = _spawnPoints};
} else {
        {if ((nearestObjects[(getMarkerPos _x),["Car","Ship","Air"],5]) isEqualTo []) exitWith {_spawnPoint = _x};} forEach _spawnPoints;
    } else {
        if ((nearestObjects[(getMarkerPos _spawnPoints),["Car","Ship","Air"],5]) isEqualTo []) exitWith {_spawnPoint = _spawnPoints};
    };
};

To:

} else {
};

And change:

if ((life_veh_shop select 0) == "med_air_hs") then {
    _vehicle = createVehicle [_className,[0,0,999],[], 0, "NONE"];
    _hs = nearestObjects[getMarkerPos _spawnPoint,["Land_Hospital_side2_F"],50] select 0;
    sleep 0.6;
} else {
    _vehicle = createVehicle [_className, (getMarkerPos _spawnPoint), [], 0, "NONE"];
    _vehicle allowDamage false; //Temp disable damage handling..
    _vehicle setPos (getMarkerPos _spawnPoint);
    _vehicle setVectorUp (surfaceNormal (getMarkerPos _spawnPoint));
    _vehicle setDir (markerDir _spawnPoint);
};

To:

_vehicle = createVehicle [_className, (getMarkerPos _spawnPoint), [], 0, "NONE"];
_vehicle allowDamage false; //Temp disable damage handling..
_vehicle setPos (getMarkerPos _spawnPoint);
_vehicle setVectorUp (surfaceNormal (getMarkerPos _spawnPoint));
_vehicle setDir (markerDir _spawnPoint);

i haven't tried this but i think it should work.

Ive made the changes, it now tries to buy it but nothing happens and when I double click rent or buy it says something is blocking the spawn point on each helipad. I check my keys and have none and nothing spawns so its stopped spawning them in the ocean which is progress. I can still retrieve from the garage after getting the "something is blocking the spawn point" and the heli appears just not the buying or renting.

On the second change you asked me to make, at the end there was no }; so I added that but not sure if you left it out on purpose or just a typo.

Copy of my   fn_vehicleShopBuy.sqf

added config link

20 minutes ago, Marcus Suridius said:

Ive made the changes, it now tries to buy it but nothing happens and when I double click rent or buy it says something is blocking the spawn point on each helipad. I check my keys and have none and nothing spawns so its stopped spawning them in the ocean which is progress. I can still retrieve from the garage after getting the "something is blocking the spawn point" and the heli appears just not the buying or renting.

On the second change you asked me to make, at the end there was no }; so I added that but not sure if you left it out on purpose or just a typo.

Yeah I'm on my phone. I'll take a look when I get home

• Like 1

No problem pal, thanks for the help.

I did try without the }; and it didn't say anything about spawn blocked said I bought one but same no keys or anything spawning. Ill keep trying here.

1 hour ago, Marcus Suridius said:

I just looked at what i said and i didnt need a "}"

sorry for the late reply mate, no idea whats up with this cause the only difference I could see was "private" before something. I changed something and it riverted back to the ocean.

Im going to leave it for a while and just add helis to each Medics garage because the garage pullouts work just nothing the shops.

thanks for the help pal.