[Tutorial] AutoSave Script

IceEagle132

15 hours ago, Squallz said:

DO NOT USE THIS SCRIPT!!

Using this script made my players randomly get sent to jail upon logging in!! (happened very often).

And civs water level randomly disappeared

So what it sounds like is, you tried to install the custom jail timer script. That requires you to modify your database. That got screwed up. Thats what stores the players location on the map. When you look at every players "data" you can see there x,y, and x. It also stores there various health states, alive, dead, food, water. YOU did a number on your server. These guys that make these scripts know what they are doing. This site only lets stuff that works on here. Trust me, its me, its you, not these guys that actually know how to write scripts. Again, figure out what YOU did to your server, and work back from there. Good luck 

2 hours ago, one said:

So what it sounds like is, you tried to install the custom jail timer script. That requires you to modify your database. That got screwed up. Thats what stores the players location on the map. When you look at every players "data" you can see there x,y, and x. It also stores there various health states, alive, dead, food, water. YOU did a number on your server. These guys that make these scripts know what they are doing. This site only lets stuff that works on here. Trust me, its me, its you, not these guys that actually know how to write scripts. Again, figure out what YOU did to your server, and work back from there. Good luck 

lol it was literally this script. removed it and no more problems at all.

this script is stolen btw.

5 hours ago, Squallz said:

lol it was literally this script. removed it and no more problems at all.

this script is stolen btw.

Apparent author was listed 

and if you are using the custom jail timer script you need to edit the query, as it refers to playerid or something of the sort when it should be pid i believe\

removing a script that simply syncs mean your server has larger issues than you currently realize.

Edited by Deadlesszombie
  • Sad 1

On 4/17/2018 at 10:43 PM, Deadlesszombie said:

Apparent author was listed 

and if you are using the custom jail timer script you need to edit the query, as it refers to playerid or something of the sort when it should be pid i believe\

removing a script that simply syncs mean your server has larger issues than you currently realize.

Incorrect. Removing this script made everything work perfectly fine. Even on a fresh altis server file this shit broke it.

@Squallz  This should fix your problem add this to your initplayerlocal.sqf should fix your problem

//--- Loop
while { true } do {

//--- Each 3 minutes
    sleep 180;

//--- Save Random Stuff
    [] call SOCK_fnc_updateRequest;

//--- Save Experience The Proper Way
    [player,true] spawn life_fnc_jail;

//--- LOL
    hint "THIS SCRIPT SAVED YOUR DATA PROPELY";

};

You can thank me for showing you how save propely.

• Thanks 2

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Jimmy_Reddington said:

im getting issues with this, im having players getting wiped, there money set to 5k and they loose everything, i followed the install guide so please dont say "you didnt follow it correctly" cuz i did

same

On 5/19/2020 at 10:59 AM, ashxv said:

same

On 5/19/2020 at 4:42 AM, Jimmy_Reddington said:

im getting issues with this, im having players getting wiped, there money set to 5k and they loose everything, i followed the install guide so please dont say "you didnt follow it correctly" cuz i did

Logs? 

Keep in mind this is for 4.4, this very well can be different from how 5.0 saves.

Edited by Deadlesszombie

• 1 year later...