Repentz

Fast mission testing method

Are you guys using -loadMissionToMemory?

Only other thing i could think of is it's a problem with running an arma 3 server on your pc or read rpt logs and see if it's showing there.

Tried this method and spawn on debug with no y menu. 

Says Script\life_server\init.sqf not found

Using fresh un-edited 4.4 R4 If anyone could help thanks.

a6yU35B.jpg

Edited by Pleb

58 minutes ago, Pleb said:

Tried this method and spawn on debug with no y menu. 

Says Script\life_server\init.sqf not found

Using fresh un-edited 4.4 R4 If anyone could help thanks.

a6yU35B.jpg

pack the life server files into a pbo

very nice. thank you for this tutorial!

Quick tip: if you do not want to install a MySQL server on your computer just have to set to connect to the one on your normal server.

Edited by Cory Reese

Tip for people that use this method.

If you are going to make changed to your mission.sqm through the Eden Editor relaunch your game without the extdb and life server mods or else when you upload it to your official server it will say it is missing dependable content.

On 6/13/2017 at 6:19 AM, Cory Reese said:

Tip for people that use this method.

If you are going to make changed to your mission.sqm through the Eden Editor relaunch your game without the extdb and life server mods or else when you upload it to your official server it will say it is missing dependable content.

Yeah ill add this in warnings

While i'm working on my server and the map and what not i leave the mods on because if you have to unload your mods then reload your mods it could take some time if your computer is a potato. So what I do is, i make it save as an unbinarized mission.sqm while im working on it and stuff then when im ready to put it on the server i can just remove the @life_server requirement from the mission.sqm then my game without the @life_server mod and then save it as a binarized version. Up to you though as to how you want to do it

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ToxicRageTv said:

While i'm working on my server and the map and what not i leave the mods on because if you have to unload your mods then reload your mods it could take some time if your computer is a potato. So what I do is, i make it save as an unbinarized mission.sqm while im working on it and stuff then when im ready to put it on the server i can just remove the @life_server requirement from the mission.sqm then my game without the @life_server mod and then save it as a binarized version. Up to you though as to how you want to do it

Good reason to upgrade to a SSD xD. But that is a good idea if you are making constant changes to the mission.sqm

Edited by Cory Reese

Work well in altislife v5.0

very helpful for debug and anyone should to know this.

thank you very much for share.

This is too much.

better create a local database, active your life server and extDB in your addons and you’re done with reloading server.

dev in local, that’s the future

@Hex @Pleb

Add this to your cfgRemoteExec:

F(BIS_fnc_debugConsoleExec,ANYONE)

A little search of the forums and you can solve your issues really easily.

LUL just looked at time posted. Well, hopefully it's helpful for anyone else who has the same question and is incapable of searching.

Edited by 14e_Senator_Walter
LUL just looked at time posted

You can also use this method as a dedicated server. The mission actually doesn’t need to be a PBO to host it, in fact mine very rarely ever is. Just keep you mission in your MPmissions and don’t worry about packing the damn thing. 

I learned this method a while while back when A2 was still a thing. Now you still need to download the mission but you still save repacking time and all that fancy shit. 

Great advice thought, 

Lovd it, I just got so use to my method, but might have to give it a try 

12 hours ago, DaThrillerKiller [PureGaming.ml] said:

Now you still need to download the mission but you still save repacking time and all that fancy shit. 

Repacking the PBO doesn't take more than a second, so I doubt that is really an issue. I also wouldn't recommend using any home connection to host a server. It's likely against your ISP's Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy and your first DDoS attack will really ruin your fun.

4 hours ago, imthatguyhere said:

Repacking the PBO doesn't take more than a second, so I doubt that is really an issue. I also wouldn't recommend using any home connection to host a server. It's likely against your ISP's Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy and your first DDoS attack will really ruin your fun.

Yeah, would never do that by dedicated server i mean, basic testing your mission local using the dedicated server application.

2 hours ago, Delexical said:

Just use a .bat file to pack PBOs. EZ Clap 

You don’t even need pbo’s for this. (You do for life_server but not the mission file)

8 minutes ago, ToxicRageTv said:

You don’t even need pbo’s for this. (You do for life_server but not the mission file)

They were complaining about PBO packing taking time. I know that it doesn't need to be a PBO xd.

Just saying that my server takes like 8 seconds to start up including packing the mission. 

34 minutes ago, Delexical said:

They were complaining about PBO packing taking time. I know that it doesn't need to be a PBO xd.

Just saying that my server takes like 8 seconds to start up including packing the mission. 

xD

5 hours ago, Delexical said:

I drag and drop into JAPM