BattleMetrics

BattleMetrics RCON- Persistent and Comprehensive Coverage

TL;DR: https://www.battlemetrics.com/rcon/about    A web-based RCON tool that allows you to maintain a persistent connection to your server. Tracks players and admins so you can watch your community and staff. Free 7 day trials. Many features to come.

Hello everyone,

The RCON tools available for ArmA are usually free desktop clients that give you some ability to run/monitor your server, but are often limited in what they can do and where you can take them. Our system maintains a constant RCON connection to your server, saving player information, chat logs, and administration logs so that you don't have to go scrounging when you want to find out what happened on your server while you were away.

Here are a few of our key features:

Proxy & VAC Ban Detection

We automatically detect if a player is using a Proxy or has a VAC ban and display an icon next to their name to let you know. Additionally, we color the name in red so you can easily spot them from the dashboard.

See below:

unknown.png

Steam ID < - > GUID Conversion

We automatically reverse GUIDs into steam IDs and vice versa so that you can easily find a person's steam profile.

Triggers

We allow you to automate routine tasks such as autobanning players with VAC Bans/VPNs, send messages to new players, etc. See example here:

feature-triggers.6f952.jpg

Scheduler

Send messages to the server on a customizable schedule. Automate your broadcasts by the minute, hour, day, or month (both by date and day of week). Pick the type of schedule that works for you. We provide three templates: Simple, Warning, and Advanced.

feature-scheduler.22d43.png

Staff Permissions & Security

There's no need to hand out passwords to your staff anymore. In addition, you can limit what they can do. New staff member that you don't quite trust? Give them permission to issue bans up to 3 days long or whatever you want. We've made permissions and staff roles fully customizable.

feature-permissions.cb8c5.png

Player Logs

We track players based on name, IP, Steam64ID, and GUID. We cross-reference these identifiers against other players in our database. When you go to view a player profile, you can see if they've joined under a different name, IP, etc. You'll also get to see what other servers we've seen that player on before. On the server information screen, we flag first-time players with a star next to their name.

The player profile will also show if that player has ever been kicked or banned from the server before, easily allowing you to keep up with repeat offenders.

Ban Syncing

We allow you to group your servers into organizations and then issue organization-wide bans. The bans are in our system so that they don't bloat your bans.txt file. You can store more information, detailed notes, and prevent a player from joining any of your servers at the click of a button. No more batch scripts or SQL database complexity. We also support importing and exporting ban lists so that you can have backups if need be.

Chat Notifications

Receive an alert any time a user-defined condition is fulfilled (i.e. typing !admin in chat).

feature-chat-alerts.18f25.png

Administration Log

See a detailed history of what your staff has been up to. It has never been easier to see if your staff are using their powers responsibly.

Mobile

Since this is a web-based RCON tool, you can access and administer your server from anywhere.

feature-mobile.acbfb.png

Dashboard

We allow you to view all of your RCON-connected servers at once from our dashboard. You can issue most server commands and send messages to all your servers at once. You'll no longer need to keep multiple windows open to keep track of your server network.

Reverse DNS

We reverse the DNS of any IP available to us so you can more easily see if the traffic coming into your server is residential or something more sinister.

In the not too distant future...

Triggers for chat (automatically kick, ban, etc for chat including script log violations)

Reserved slot system improvements

Let us know what you think about this tool in the thread below, or send us an email at [email protected]

I hope you all find this tool helpful and good luck with your servers!

Hordicus

BattleMetrics Team

https://www.battlemetrics.com/

TL;DR https://www.battlemetrics.com/rcon/about    A web-based RCON tool that allows you to maintain a persistent connection to your server. Tracks players and admins so you can watch your community and staff. Free 7 day trials. Many features still to come.

I have included a screenshot of the dashboard below. Follow the link above for more!

dashboard.d79be.png

Edited by BattleMetrics

Nothing missing on this really, I wonder how you handle those VPN checks? doesn't maxmind database cost a fortune to use?
Also how about the new GDPR law within the EU. As I see you keep logs of everything and everyone (including IPs)?

not trying to piss you off, just wondering as that stupid law made by old uneducated idiots is a big annoyance which is hard to handle

21 hours ago, ArmAOldie said:

Nothing missing on this really, I wonder how you handle those VPN checks? doesn't maxmind database cost a fortune to use?
Also how about the new GDPR law within the EU. As I see you keep logs of everything and everyone (including IPs)?

not trying to piss you off, just wondering as that stupid law made by old uneducated idiots is a big annoyance which is hard to handle

There are free databases for VPN / proxy checking that would be allowed to be used in this way as long as you don't publicly expose them or the data (a VPN flag wouldn't do that). Geolite2 itself from Maxmind is free: https://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/geoip2/geolite2/

GDPR can stuff it if you don't have a headquarters in the EU and Battlemetrics is headed in Michigan if I remember correctly. Not saying they wouldn't fall under noncompliance still, but there's nothing the EU could do about it save for moving to sue as it's not a law in the USA.

I wonder how you handle those VPN checks? doesn't maxmind database cost a fortune to use?

We don't use MaxMind. We have have a contract with another IP database provider. We'd rather not disclose whom to avoid them getting DDoS'd. They have been fantastic thus far. Their accuracy far exceeds the other options we explored.

I don't think the GDPR is going to be a significant issue for us. First of all, server admins have the right to collect the kind of information we are collecting under the "legitimate use" exception to the law. Player identifiers and chat are essential for maintaining the security of your server. We piggyback on that "legitimate use" exception, as we are authorized through the contractual obligation exception. If the server admins have the right to store the data, so do we in order to provide the service to the server admin.

Ultimately GDPR is unlikely to disrupt anything from the perspective of the average server administrator.

Edited by BattleMetrics

2 hours ago, Churvious said:

Im a little confused.  Is this like a Mavrick Applications thing where it can run the server because on the website it says unlimeted servers or are you talking about it can connect to unlimmited servers

It's an RCON tool. It connects to the RCON port of your server, but doesn't launch it.

8 hours ago, imthatguyhere said:

It's an RCON tool. It connects to the RCON port of your server, but doesn't launch it.

Ok .  Thanks just needed some clarification