[Tutorial] Gang Bank Exploit Fix

CptGooch

How to Stop the Gang Bank Duplication Exploit

Author: CptGooch
Author Website: www.abeloth.com
Short description: I got tired of seeing so many servers and even the framework with this exploit.

Downloads: fn_gangDeposit.sqf  &  fn_gangWithdraw.sqf

Installation Steps:

• Replace your fn_gangWithdraw.sqf and fn_gangDeposit.sqf found in dialog\function\ with the downloads provided
  • Add the following to your core/configuration.sqf
life_gang_bank_time = 0;
  • Open your stringtable.xml and search (crtl+f) for STR_ATM_DepositInUseG
  • Update the original text to
<Original>Reconnecting to bank server. Please wait 10 seconds to deposit into your gang's bank account.</Original>
  • Now find STR_ATM_WithdrawInUseG and update the original text to
<Original>Reconnecting to bank server. Please wait 10 seconds to withdraw from your gang's bank account.</Original>
  • Next, open up \dialog\bank.hpp
  • Change your GangWithdraw button action to
onButtonClick = "[] spawn {sleep (random 0.5);[] call life_fnc_gangWithdraw};";
  • And change your GangDeposit action to 
onButtonClick = "[] spawn {sleep (random 0.5);[] call life_fnc_gangDeposit};";

All done!  No more Gang Bank Duping for those #%!#*^.

Edited by CptGooch
  • Like 10

Thanks a ton. We disabled the button entirely because of constant problems.

Edit: Disregard my earlier edits. I see why you did it that way. Just annoying because I have script error hints on so I guess it's fine cause it won't mess with normal players.

Edited by Hoff (Lith)

1 hour ago, Hoff (Lith) said:

I have script error hints on

I didn't see your comment, but if you are getting an error I am not, I am happy to help fix it.

10 hours ago, Sergueiii' said:

Not working, when I press deposit it does nothing. No errors.

This will work for 4.4+.  Please verify that you have followed my instructions.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2017 at 8:27 PM, CptGooch said:

I didn't see your comment, but if you are getting an error I am not, I am happy to help fix it.

This will work for 4.4+.  Please verify that you have followed my instructions.

Well you don't define the variables life_gang_bank_time until after the code is already started which triggers script errors if you have them on. The scripts still work though. More just an OCD thing for me. For example on the fn_gangWithdraw you call on that variable on line 18 but don't define it until 34.

Edited by Hoff (Lith)

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/04/2017 at 2:56 AM, CptGooch said:

That isn't a bad idea.  The reason I wanted to do it this was is so it will better with the gang rank system I am working on.

Yeah, it was a easy way to stop it as well as giving a more of a "advantage" of being a gang owner.

Sounds very promising, i like the creativity. I'm guessing you would have to do a lot of work with that, like creating a dialog and sql column specifically for the gang member ranks of that gang and a leader can set ranks + other higher-ups. Similar to Runescape's clan management interface.

On 4/20/2017 at 3:09 PM, XtG Community said:

Yeah, it was a easy way to stop it as well as giving a more of a "advantage" of being a gang owner.

Sounds very promising, i like the creativity. I'm guessing you would have to do a lot of work with that, like creating a dialog and sql column specifically for the gang member ranks of that gang and a leader can set ranks + other higher-ups. Similar to Runescape's clan management interface.

don't have to make a seperate dialog, he can just add a prefix or number infront of their name indicating what rank they are in the dialog 

On 24/04/2017 at 9:42 AM, Bortfive | GSTV کτγℓع said:

What do the exploit exactly? Or how the exploit works?

You deposit the money in the gang bank, then two players at the same time withdraw the money from the gang bank and bingo, both players will get the duped money!

Edited by xShARkx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, obitokun said:

If you try click in same time with your friend, will dupe.

I have tried and it does not dupe.  Make sure you placed the two files, "fn_gangDeposit.sqf  &  fn_gangWithdraw.sqf in core\dialog\function\" If you followed the steps exactly then you should have a sleep timer between your first click and second click on the deposit/withdraw for the gang.  If you are getting the pop up box that says 

Reconnecting to bank server. Please wait 10 seconds to deposit into your gang's bank account. 

or 

Reconnecting to bank server. Please wait 10 seconds to withdraw from your gang's bank account.

then it is working.  I have tried myself to recreate the bug and it does not work simply because of the cool down between deposit/withdraw 1st click and second click.

• 3 months later...