Jump to content

Recommended Posts

obfusqfquickbanner.png
 

The problem with public content
Hundreds of hours get put into missionfiles daily to make servers stand out from the masses and attract players.
Certain people though invest this time into stealing your work and possibly even making money with it. ObfuSQF is the solution to this problem.

Obfuscate your missionfile
ObfuSQF allows you to easily obfuscate your missionfile and prevent others from stealing your work.
Obfuscated missionfiles cannot be opened with popular tools, their content stays completely hidden.

Protection against copies
ObfuSQF comes with your own private key which allows your missionfile to flawlessly work on your gameserver.
If someone attempts to copy your missionfile and use it on their server, ObfuSQF will crash it.
Your missionfile will only work on authorized servers.

Easy to use
Drag and drop your missionfile into your webbrowser, wait for your file to be processed and download your obfuscated missionfile and private key.
Working with ObfuSQF is easy, no additional download required.

Desktop client  
Do you automate the process of restarting/packing your missionfile on your server? Use ObfuSQF's desktop client to automate the obfuscation process, visting the website is not required.

Click here to visit the website

Edited by Maverick Applications
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i made an agressive reply, so i edited it.
But i don't like and don't agree. I think that something that is give you for free wold be shared. I think is selfish get something, improve it, and make it just for you. Something that BI give us and all Altis Life community.

I don't think use content as a thief. If you make something, why not share? The others must give your name and credits of course. And i tell, if u don't like, instead make something to stop the others, do better what the copier did ;) So it will improve more and more.

Anyway, just my opinion. And to be clear i don't have nothing agains the author of this, just againts the tool.

Edited by joew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, joew said:

i made an agressive reply, so i edited it.
But i don't like and don't agree. I think that something that is give you for free wold be shared. I think is selfish get something, improve it, and make it just for you. Something that BI give us and all Altis Life community.

I don't think use content as a thief. If you make something, why not share? The others must give your name and credits of course. And i tell, if u don't like, instead make something to stop the others, do better what the copier did ;) So it will improve more and more.

Anyway, just my opinion. And to be clear i don't have nothing agains the author of this, just againts the tool.

Well if they make their own tools they get to decide if they wanna share it for free or not tbh. I'm sorry but i honestly don't really get what you are trying to say here :3 I'm pretty sure Maverick makes all their own tools etc and doesn't steal stuff etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I highly recommend Maverick!  Not just for their outstanding ArmA and Rust Services, but their support is second to none.  They really care about their clients.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-02-07 at 4:05 AM, joew said:

i made an agressive reply, so i edited it.
But i don't like and don't agree. I think that something that is give you for free wold be shared. I think is selfish get something, improve it, and make it just for you. Something that BI give us and all Altis Life community.

I don't think use content as a thief. If you make something, why not share? The others must give your name and credits of course. And i tell, if u don't like, instead make something to stop the others, do better what the copier did ;) So it will improve more and more.

Anyway, just my opinion. And to be clear i don't have nothing agains the author of this, just againts the tool.

Let's say someone spends a week working on a specific script for their server, or someone pays someone else a good price to make them a script. Then let's say a couple weeks later you see the same script up on some copy-paste server with the credits removed and changed, how would this make you feel, not too good I'd assume. The arma community isn't exactly the most kind or caring, this is an optional feature for those who want to secure their servers hard work. Simply put, if you're okay with others taking your content, you don't need this, but if you value your or others work, this tool may be very useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, this post gives me the opportunity to speak out a few things, starting by saying I agree with both opinions. I am one of those believing in sharing. I am coming from another community, that of serious FSX with "serious" meaning  all real world flying procedures and real people controlling air spaces. In that community, sharing everything for free is the default situation, with exceptions of course but lots and lots of hours work is more than common to be shared. However, that's a community where giving credit to the creators of those tools is also the default situation. This is "sharing" and I fully support that approach.

Things are much different in Altis Life (AL) community. I can't speak about ARMA 3 in general but in AL I have seen many server owners using others' work claiming it's their own. Now, this is "stealing" and it is not rare at all. I recently found my mission in another server and although I don't really care as my server offers a completely different approach, even with the same mission, I felt quite irritated. Under these circumstances, it is not bad wanting to stop thieves. After this, seeing many people every day, just connecting your server, just for a couple seconds, makes you wonder if it was just to download your mission file. So yes, I also support the use of encrypting methods even if it is just for the "What the f..." reaction.

I believe such phenomena exist simply because many people want their own server without being able to offer something new, whatever this means from server's functionality to server's culture and I cannot understand it. I would have never been into running a server if I could find what I was looking for as a player and seeing new servers every day, often vanilla servers, I keep asking myself "why"...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/02/2017 at 11:02 PM, Repentz said:

Let's say someone spends a week working on a specific script for their server, or someone pays someone else a good price to make them a script. Then let's say a couple weeks later you see the same script up on some copy-paste server with the credits removed and changed, how would this make you feel, not too good I'd assume. The arma community isn't exactly the most kind or caring, this is an optional feature for those who want to secure their servers hard work. Simply put, if you're okay with others taking your content, you don't need this, but if you value your or others work, this tool may be very useful.

Its usefull for the one that want to not share nothing, so it is.
I think that AL is a open community, so it should be open code too. Or at leats free to use. Well that is one rule here against paid services, but now it is deprecated, no one respect more or the community changed minds. Anyway, a lot of servers with a lot of content that isn't shared and AL with no much updates. I wish AL can survive a lot of time, but i don't believe it =(

Edited by joew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/2/2017 at 9:47 AM, Nikos said:

Well, this post gives me the opportunity to speak out a few things, starting by saying I agree with both opinions. I am one of those believing in sharing. I am coming from another community, that of serious FSX with "serious" meaning  all real world flying procedures and real people controlling air spaces. In that community, sharing everything for free is the default situation, with exceptions of course but lots and lots of hours work is more than common to be shared. However, that's a community where giving credit to the creators of those tools is also the default situation. This is "sharing" and I fully support that approach.

Things are much different in Altis Life (AL) community. I can't speak about ARMA 3 in general but in AL I have seen many server owners using others' work claiming it's their own. Now, this is "stealing" and it is not rare at all. I recently found my mission in another server and although I don't really care as my server offers a completely different approach, even with the same mission, I felt quite irritated. Under these circumstances, it is not bad wanting to stop thieves. After this, seeing many people every day, just connecting your server, just for a couple seconds, makes you wonder if it was just to download your mission file. So yes, I also support the use of encrypting methods even if it is just for the "What the f..." reaction.

I believe such phenomena exist simply because many people want their own server without being able to offer something new, whatever this means from server's functionality to server's culture and I cannot understand it. I would have never been into running a server if I could find what I was looking for as a player and seeing new servers every day, often vanilla servers, I keep asking myself "why"...

 

Agree totally.

I myself use criticalgaming and a3l modpack files, but i dont claim any credit for them at all and i dont intend to, if anything i will proberly add a message that says 'Credits to A3L and CG for their awesome addons' or something.

 

Now for this tool, it is a custom tool, which is very cool and its proberly a awesome tool, and i would like to obfuscate my mission file to not get it stolen by others, but is it really worth 6€ a month? Why use this instead of just normal obfuscation? I havent tried the normal obfuscation so i cant say whether or not it also protects from people using the mission on their server, if not then good job, and ill probably be purchasing this, but if it does, what makes this better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2017 at 6:19 PM, joew said:

Its usefull for the one that want to not share nothing, so it is.
I think that AL is a open community, so it should be open code too. Or at leats free to use. Well that is one rule here against paid services, but now it is deprecated, no one respect more or the community changed minds. Anyway, a lot of servers with a lot of content that isn't shared and AL with no much updates. I wish AL can survive a lot of time, but i don't believe it =(

AL is free and the code is open too so im not sure what your problem is. Its down to the server if they want to share their modifications that they have worked hard to make so that they can be unique. If everyone shared their shit then there would be no unique and all of them would be the same. 

If not from a "lets share everything we make" perspective, look at the countless other ways mission obsucrification helps. For 1, it helps with anti cheat stopping people from looking at certain variables and looking to find ways around code to gain an advantage.

We already discussed this in discord and how this is an invalid argument. This thread is not the place for this either, please discuss this elsewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

the only other obfuscation tool is the one from mikero, which works fine but its only a small part of his tools and not the main target. That is the reason why the very lighweight obfuscation is obsolete now, since various tools to deobfuscate mikeros pbos have been posted online.

ObfuSQF is only about obfuscation and we took serveral additional steps and a different underlaying concept than mikero in order to make the obfuscation reach futher and make it harder to get around. Addionally we offer the private key lock for you mission (addons will be added in an upcoming update in a few days)  that prevents people from downloading your mission and just use the whole pbo on their server. 

Additionally Mikeros tools is not free either, its 30$ per year. We offer more features and regular updates for the same price, and you even have the chance to try out if it works for you with the monthly option. We would say that is a very fair price.

 

Regards

Maverick-Applications

 

Edited by Maverick Applications
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There seems to be something wrong with Obfusqf 2. Every time I try to launch the game with an obfuscated PBO in the mod the game just stops working and gives an Access Violation error. I was trying to obfuscate my map but it does not work when obfuscated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, LeanderYTO said:

There seems to be something wrong with Obfusqf 2. Every time I try to launch the game with an obfuscated PBO in the mod the game just stops working and gives an Access Violation error. I was trying to obfuscate my map but it does not work when obfuscated.

Ask on the maverick discord, not here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×