MoNtEcRiStO©

[Tutorial] Install Task Force Radio (Dedicated) server & client side

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Difficulty: medium

Creat by: MoNtEcRiStO©

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First you have to know, when you take the decision to use Task Force Radio your server use external mod. :)

So be ready to build a system to provide everything the player need. Launcher, link of download etc...

Ok first you have to create your mod folder, for this tuto the name is @myserver, note you can put all your futur mod in that folder after.

1.Open the @myserver folder:

@myserver.jpg

and create an other folder name: addons inside:

addons.jpg

Put that on the side we gonna need it soon.

Befor set your server you have to download: Link

TFARsite.jpg

2.Unrar the TFAR, the file look like this:

TFAR.jpg

Open it and go to Arma 3 folder:

Arma3.jpg

you have two important folder @CBA_A3 & @task_force_radio, first open @task_force_radio and copy all PBO file and paste it in your @myserver/addons you juste create before:

CBAPBO.jpg

3.Open @CBA_A3 and do the same thing in your @myserver/addons look like this:

@myserverfusion.jpg

4.Go to the 0.9.8\Arma 3\@task_force_radio and copy the dll inside:

TFARdll.jpg

5.Go to your  @myserver and paste the dll there, look like that inside your @myserver:

addondll.jpg

6.Go to the root of your Arma 3 Server:

Armaroot@myserver.jpg

7.Paste the 0.9.8\Arma 3\''userconfig'' inside the root of Arma 3 server.

userconfig.jpg

8.Go to your .bat for edit the mod list:

[email protected];@life_server;curator;heli;kart;mark;@infiSTAR_A3;@marma;@myserver

Now your server is able to launche TFAR even futur mod you gonna put in.

Go to your Arma 3 server/mpmissions

Open  fn_weaponshopCFG situé dans mpmissions\Core\Config (3.1.4.8)

or 

Open mpmission/config/Config_Weapons.hpp for 4.x

10.Put that item where you want to sell it; ''radio  short range'' and ''radio long range''.

["tf_anprc152_1","Radio 5km",500],
["tf_rt1523g_big_rhs","Long range radio ",1500], 

**important** Befor the next step dont forget to put the 0.9.8\Arma 3\''userconfig'' and the @myserver inside the root of your personnal Arma 3, all client have to do the same thing.

At this point we have to do thing in the map editor so open you arma and active the new folder mod you just creat:

armalauncher.jpg

armalauncher2.jpg

armalauncher3.jpg

Launch with play button and go to editor and creat a TFAR modul like that.

editor1.jpg

Edit the TFAR module like that and choose the password of your Teamspeak room, also TaskForceRadio need to be the name of the room in your Teamspeak.

editor2.jpg

Put back your mission.sqm in your mpmission file in Arma 3 server.

Client side now

What the client need?

1.The client need to install the plugins from 0.9.8\TeamSpeak 3 Client\plugins     to     C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\plugins or if is not the location can make a searche in the search bar for, TeamSpeak 3 Client.

Look like this!

tsplugins.jpg

2.The user have to put the 0.9.8\Arma 3\''userconfig'' inside the root of is Arma 3 game.

The last step is active the plugins from the teamspeack of the client:

plugins.jpg

The server is ready to receive player with TFAR active on both side.  The player have to be in your Teamspeak and is gonna be transfer in the TaskForceRadio room when he join the server.

Sorry for my bad english and this long tuto but I want to make it clear for get less help request on the Topic.

DONE!

addondll.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you. How can we create indipendent radio channels for police, for example? So civilians can't listen if they put in the same wave?

Edited by Nomar

31 minutes ago, Nomar said:

Thank you. How can we create indipendent radio channels for police, for example? So civilians can't listen if they put in the same wave?

Just use a radio with a different encryption codes. So for example allow Police to purchase a blufor radio and allow civilians to purchase only Independent radios. If the two radios don't share the same encryption code they can be on the same frequency but not hear each other.

By default, radios of each faction use their own encryption codes, so you will not hear enemy talks, even setting the enemy’s frequency. To listen to the enemy’s net (and talk on the air) - it’s necessary by any means to capture an enemy radio station. - TFR Website

True for the faction radio, but anyway you have so many frequency is possible to use, so you have very small chance to find the exact frequency cop use.

For my part I let all use the same and if a civil or rebel find it is good for him... :)

But the most interesting feature that TFAR cary is the ambient voice in real time and is quality. But is a very good radio communication option to.

Note: the majority of police cop car (mod) is coming with the long range radio inside the car...

This is a very very nice mod for improve quality of voice com on your server.

Hello ;) Very good tutorial and simple explanation. If i want boost the distance of the radio? (3Km default range) i wan't 20Km. With a example ( player setVariable ["tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator", 70]; ) I place this code where? In the init.sqf? (Sorry for my english)

The files inside the download all look different than in the tutorial. Should I drag and drop everything in the downloaded /addons/ folder to my @mods/addons/ ???

• Like 1

On 21/10/2016 at 6:06 AM, ArashTaFace said:

Hello ;) Very good tutorial and simple explanation. If i want boost the distance of the radio? (3Km default range) i wan't 20Km. With a example ( player setVariable ["tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator", 70]; ) I place this code where? In the init.sqf? (Sorry for my english)

You have to configure the distance you want in the config of Taskforce radio

On 25/11/2016 at 10:48 AM, KR3 said:

You have to configure the distance you want in the config of Taskforce radio

Yes i am go into the pbo of taskforce and i change the sendingdistancemultiplicator directly :)

12 hours ago, ArashTaFace said:

Yes i am go into the pbo of taskforce and i change the sendingdistancemultiplicator directly :)

Yep more or less :D

2 hours ago, WinstonHalstead said:

Hi, I can't find how to modify Radios range in the Task Force pbo's.

Can I get some help please?

How would you need to modify them? What feature you wanna modify?

@MoNtEcRiStO© Why would you copy the pbo's without the bisign files? This will render verifySignatures useless in the event that a server admin wants to check for modified pbo's which allow people to run scripts (hacks) on a server. Keys are provided for both of those mods, so there's really no reason to remove the bisign files.

I'd love to see your logic behind this..

Edited by Dark

On 07/03/2017 at 1:23 AM, Dark said:

@MoNtEcRiStO© Why would you copy the pbo's without the bisign files? This will render verifySignatures useless in the event that a server admin wants to check for modified pbo's which allow people to run scripts (hacks) on a server. Keys are provided for both of those mods, so there's really no reason to remove the bisign files.

I'd love to see your logic behind this..

Because you have to make your own one.

That can be a interesting tuto you can do.

15 hours ago, MoNtEcRiStO© said:

Because you have to make your own one.

That can be a interesting tuto you can do.

I might do it at some stage. It's really easy to do, but it's definitely a must if you're removing the old bisign files.

10 hours ago, Dark said:

I might do it at some stage. It's really easy to do, but it's definitely a must if you're removing the old bisign files.

I dont recommend you to use the default one.

I recommend you to use your own one.